So, Do You Think You're Smarter Than Most?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    I tend to think that critical minds are "smarter" than non-critical minds.

Well, that statement really wasn't the brightest thing you've said so far

• minimus
    minimus

WHY?

• patio34
    patio34

Great question, Master-of-the-questions-of-the-day!

And difficult to answer. The word smart can have several connotations. Everyone has strong and weak points. For instance, my memory is above average, judging by other people I know. However, my analytical capabilities are average, if that! In overall intelligence, if that's what's meant by smart (e.g., IQ test), I'd probably do in the high average range.

Compared to some of the people I know, I think I'm really smart. Compared to others, I feel like a nitwit! It'll go unstated who those people are!

The key is to appreciate the unique strengths others' have. It's like flowers. They all have their own strengths and ways of growing--some are prettier, some are more practical, some are more trouble, some are hardier, etc.

So. I don't think the question can be answered in one word and unqualified.

Pat

• minimus
    minimus

Pat, you summed me up!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Because the statment is vague and your definition of critical is also. What is your definition of someone with a "critical" mind. Do you mean analytical ?????

• minimus
    minimus

"critical".....involving skillful judgment as to truth, merit, etc,.making a {critical} analysis. Most persons that I know of that are analytical are critical, too. Webster: Analyze: to examine critically.

• shamus
    shamus

Describe "Do"...

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

SO you believe someone that is analytical vs non-analytical is "smarter". I am so happy your judgement is not the basis for intelligence in our country or for that matter the world. In the "REAL" world there are right and left brained people. One that is artistic may not be analytical or vice a versa. I tend to be a good mixture of both. I can analyize a forensic case and solve it or I can paint a picture, write or crochet. Intelligence I believe you show you don't tout. As I said many times Thunder's IQ is 160 he is very INTELLIGENT VERY analytical and very artistic. But he never shoves it down other's throats nor makes blanket judgements on who he thinks is intelligent from his narrow scope of life.

analytical

t adjective relating to or using analysis or logical reasoning.

SO AS I SAID analytical.

Critical :

2 expressing or involving an analysis of the merits and faults of a work of literature, music, or art: she never won the critical acclaim she sought.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Shamus,

Describe "Do"...

Toooooo funny!

Opps! I don't mean to say that "tooooooo funny" describes "Do", only that "Describe Do" is toooooo funny, but well, I guess you know what I mean. Well, I hope so, anyway?

IW

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Shamus: ROFLMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit