What happens when the Governing Body dies off?

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    What happens when the Governing Body dies off?

truthseeker

This questions pops up a fair bit. For a slightly different slant, why not consider what would happen if only anointed sisters were left?

Think about it;

It is a fact that women generally live longer than men. The time will soon come when by far the greater part of the 'remnant' will be female. What will this mean for the role of the Governing Body?

Can brothers of the Great Crowd who are now being groomed to take on the duties of the current Governing Body do so while their are still hundreds, if not a few thousand, anointed sisters still alive?

Of course the Society have gotten themselves into this mess by applying a literal rather than symbolic interpretation of the 144000.
    Concerning the gender of this 'little flock', see what Revelation 14:4 itself actually says;

"They are the men who have kept themselves pure...." Good News Bible

"These are men who did not defile themselves...." New English Bible

To complete the verse, even the NWT reads;
    "These are the ones that did not defile themselves with women".

I can just hear zealous dubs jumping up and down screaming "Of course women can't serve on the Governing Body....they're..WOMEN!"

But think about it, throughout the history of Israel as recorded in the Hebrew Scriptures, all of it's Kings and Priests, as appointed by Jehovah God, were male.

In accordance with Jewish custom and Law, Jesus apostles were all male. Not that Jesus was prejudiced, his dealings with many women prove just the opposite (consider John 4:3-43, Luke 7:11-18, and particularly Luke 7:36-50 and Matthew 11:28-30).

Still, it is a fact that all 12 apostles were men, the so-called 'council' of Jerusalem was composed entirely of men and, as a supposed reflection of this 1st century pattern, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has always been exclusively male.

So what?

Well the Society teach that for a thousand years (soon to start), this male headship arrangement will be put aside and that resurrected women will serve as KINGS & PRIESTS!

If we're going to have sisters as our heads in the future, why not now! I for one am ready for it.

DOMINATE ME!!
    Nic'

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG if they realize this they could disqualify all women and replace them with men and say their calculations are wrong and the doors to the anointed ones are still open for a whole new batch of heavenly hopers

wonder if the R&F will buy it?

and somehow I doubt those running the show now will wnat to give up their power

• ISP
    ISP

The GB are being groomed to die........they resigned from the spotlight a couple of years ago. They now can die without affecting the workings of the WTS.

ISP

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Interesting point Nicolau, I han't thought about it that way before. I sometimes wondered if the anointed are dispensing this

timely 'spiritual food' why are normal partakers not allowed to give their input?

• c_harris
    c_harris

That you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

• larrynbabies
    larrynbabies

I have never been able to figure this one out. Please excuse my ignorance as I have never nor will ever become a member of the organization. If there are 144,000 people who will rule in heavan. What's to say those people have not gone already. Of the billions of people who have crossed the face of this planet, What makes these people think that they are included in this group. To think god would let that many souls come and go without the benifit of salvation seems rediculous to even consider. There seemes to be a general fault in logic concerning most of the things that they preach. Just because a person tries to be holier than thou does not give them a right to judge. I have noticed that most practicing jehovas witnesses seem to be very judgeMENTAL.

When I was at my fiancee's funeral service there were jehova witnesses trying to talk me into the benifit of their so called faith. It was the same people who had disfellowshipped Megan and had caused her alot of the pain that led to her suicide. I told them straight up that The fact that she had beed DF'd at the age of 16 was the worst thing to do to a child and this had hurt her in a very deeply. That this had led to her being where she is now.

As far as the governing body there will always be someone inline with access to the organizations check book and things will never change. Not in our lifetime nor our childrens, the whole system ha ha is based on a method that perpetuates it's own existance, it is like a disease.

Larry

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I can tell you for sure that there's a considerable group of the "powers that be" in New York that have believed for years that it is not possible for women to be of the anointed, it just hasn't been politically correct for them to say so. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they finally went public with it.

• avengers
    avengers

The year is now 2599. Armageddon is only a few years away brothers. Keep on telling the World.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit