Why do Men with Long Hair Never Style it?

by teenyuck 40 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I saw a man at the docs yesterday....typical central Ohio redneck. Very skinny, long, scraggly hair (see pics below) and an overall *greasy* appearance, wearing too tight jeans. He was at the doc with his very overweight wife and mother, whose hair style he copies. I say that meaning the mother and son look alike and have similar hair styles. Yuck.

When men decide to adopt long hair, and this is anything below the collar, they need to learn to style it. Have you never heard of a blow dryer or flat iron? Curling iron or Velcro rollers?

If you are going to adopt the current style of a woman, please take the time to wash, condition, blow dry straight (no one looks good with semi-curly, scraggly hair) and use a gel or mousse to control the direction it goes.

That is all.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I have to disagree.

A man with long hair, should of course keep it clean, but other than that, what style other than a pony-tail could possibly look anything other than ridiculous? Frankly, I think a pony-tail is the only manly option.

Wait! I've changed my mind. I could so see Collin Farell (sp?) in this do:

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

One more thing:

Hanging your head out of your F-150 truck on the way to work does not constitute drying or styling.

And the parts down the middle:

Unless you look like Avril or Gisele, forget it.

Try the Fabio approach: if you are going to sport long hair, grow some muscles, wear a torn 18th century shirt, part your hair on the side and pretend you are shooting a cover for a romance novel.

It is much more attractive.

Again, carry on. Rant over.

• Valis
    Valis

I style my hair every day...freaky stylee that is.....eheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Happily Dreaded

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Colin Farrell....slightly longer than current, tousled, parted anywhere with a days beard growth.

YUM!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Try the Fabio approach......It is much more attractive.

If you're not a lesbian, you should be. ;)

• Princess
    Princess

And for god's sake, don't cut bangs! That fitness guy who hawks his "gazelle" on tv, Tony Little? He has long hair and bangs and just looks stupid.

I agree with you Teenyuck. If they have really nice shiny straight hair they can get away with leaving it down, otherwise, find a rubber band and put it in a ponytail.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Valis, at least you are *styling* it. Keyword. That is cool.

When it is allowed to grow, parted down the middle and sports that semi-curly, semi-straight in some areas look, it is time to visit the barber and ask for a buzz cut.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Princess, I am trying to grow out my bangs....I have had them since I was 12....they told me I have to train my scalp by pushing the hair back...my scalp does not want to be retrained.

Bangs are a problem. Once they are grown out and I can at least shove them behind my ears, I'll put up a new pic....I know bad hair days!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Men with long hair look stupid, Im sorry to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit