Little Known Fact

by Francois 19 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

DFWnonJW

I've never once seen an empty thread on a board.

You haven't seen any of my threads then. The only poster is myself.

Francois,

I threw away a tobasco bottle the other day because I lost the little stopper in the end of it and ruined two beers. I forgot the second time and got pissed and chucked it.So.......I guess it wasn't empty.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I don't have little known facts, but I do have a couple of questions:

Why is there only one shoe on the side of the road?
    Where does the rubber go when the tire wears out?
    If you're traveling at the speed of light and you turn the lights on, does anything happen?
    By definition the universe cannot be infinite. So, what's outside or at the end?

Osama Bin Laden is in for a big surprise. When he gets to heaven, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison are going to kick his ass. Muslim scholars have revealed that fundamentalist understanding of the Koran saying that a martyr will get 70 virgins in heaven is incorrect. It really says 70 Virginians. -- Robin Williams

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    If you're traveling at the speed of light and you turn the lights on, does anything happen?

According to special relativity you cannot travel at the speed of light. But if you were driving at 99.9999% the speed of light and turned on your headlights, the light would appear to travel away from the car at the speed of light (like normal) but it would still only be traveling at the speed of light (not twice the speed of light).

Light is a weird thing. Its speed is constant from all frames of reference.

By definition the universe cannot be infinite. So, what's outside or at the end?
    What if the universe is infinite in space but finite in time?
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

What I've always imagined the universe to be, and maybe this is what you're saying, that it's a bit like walking on a ball, or a balloon, the surface is infinite in that it never stops but the area is finite.

Now as for time, are you referring to space/time?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    What I've always imagined the universe to be, and maybe this is what you're saying, that it's a bit like walking on a ball, or a balloon, the surface is infinite in that it never stops but the area is finite.

Hmm... that's not really what I meant, because any 3D object could be considered "infinite" by that definition. I guess what I'm thinking is that, while the universe is expanding, it is essentially infinite because you could never reach any sort of boundary.

Now as for time, are you referring to space/time?

Time is finite because it had a beginning. The universe is not of infinite age.

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

why is wall to wall carpeting only found on the floor?

• gumby
    gumby

Whats the difference between a bicycle?

Whats longer,.... or a rope?

When is a mouse when it spins?

Gumby

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Why are Braille dots on the buttons of drive-up ATMs?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Why do sandwiches which are cut into triangles taste better than rectangles?

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

There is no word in the english language that rhymes with 'orange'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit