"Should religion be funded?"

by figureheaduk 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

Hi everyone

A few months back I was at my girlfriend's placed when I noticed a copy of the watchtower on her dining table. If I remember correctly, the picture on the front cover was that of a donations bowl being passed from one hand to another, with the title being something along the lines of "RELIGION : should it be funded?" I didn't read the article (or any other part of that damned magazine for that matter), but I'm guessing that the following may have came up in that article in one way or another:

1) The usual about the WTS being the only "true rligion" and that all other religions are false, worshipping satan etc

2) The quote from the bible about "bringing in the tenth part" (can't remember which book it was in)

3) Not giving anything to other religions because if you do, then you are basically funding the guy with the red, scaly skin ( and by that I mean satan, and not Tom Jones!)

4) Subtly trying to tell the reader to try and give as much money as possible to the WTS, and not only giving various methods of making donations, but also an adress of where to send donations.

The reason why I'm asking these questions is that I was wondering how predictable the Borg really is. Was I right, or way off?

Thanks and warm greetings to all

Leebo / figureheaduk

p.s. if anyone has any scans, quotes or text from this (or any similar) article, then I'd be very grateful!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Religion should be funded if it is for the good of the people. The Watchtower is not for the good of the people, so it should not be funded.

An interesting fact concerning Watchtower funding :

Europe and America gets all literature 'without charge', yet unknown to many those in Africa have still got to pay !

Who needs free literature the most ??!?!

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk
    The Watchtower is not for the good of the people, so it should not be funded

Right on, Hamas!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Religion should be funded by those who wish to fund it.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Amen brother Funk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit