Here is something to debate!

by Aztec 46 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    do you believe in love at first site?

alt

I'm in love. Should I send her a picture of me to see if it's mutual?

• logansrun
    logansrun

LOL Dan. I think that would be "lust at first sight." Yeah, I believe in that too (and experience it on an almost daily basis!)

Bradley

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Love is real, real is love,
    Love is feeling, feeling love,
    Love is wanting to be loved.
    Love is touch, touch is love,
    Love is reaching, reaching love,
    Love is asking to be loved.
    Love is you,
    You and me,
    Love is knowing,
    We can be.
    Love is free, free is love,
    Love is living, living love,
    Love is needing to be loved.

John Lennon

• Introspection
    Introspection

To answer the question of soulmate it would seem we need to know what a soul is. I'm not going to quote the dictionary or anything, but for the purpose of what we're discussing, and logic would just require that it has to be a permanent, unchanging thing wouldn't it? I think once you are with somebody you can become more of a mate for each other, but in terms of how well two people match each other it seems only reasonable that you can only qualify that with a given point in time, if we're talking about something that does change.

As far as love at first site goes, mine was www.hottysoulmate.com - but no seriously.. (couldn't resist when I saw the way site was spelled ) I have seen it twice, but I'm not talking about romantic attraction, although it is what I'd call true love. (of course, even romantic attraction is true love in the sense that true love is everything, but by itself it wouldn't qualify for the title in my book) To be more precise I should say I have seen it in two people. In one case the person was a woman, and it's the funniest thing - after seeing her the second day I had a feeling of overflow, and that I would never need to see her again. The feeling is the sense that I don't need her to feel complete or whole, but rather being around her I am simply reminded that I am already complete and whole. Incidentally I have seen her again, but even when she was in the area for .. about 4 days I only went to see her once, I didn't need to see her every one of those days. As it is I didn't talk to her all that much the night I saw her, I literally spoke only a few sentences. The love I am talking about here is a mutual recognition of the same thing in each other, not an 'opposites attract' kind of deal. Having someone like that as a life partner would be nice, but in perhaps a strange way that's not necessary either. The thing is this is not something that depends on what kind of relationship you have, because to relate would require difference. It isn't even an attraction of two pieces that would fit together nicely, but rather the feeling is that you have the same heart. Even with some passionate lovers there is often this feeling of ever closing the gap, being closer. What I'm saying is this feeling is that there is no gap.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm in love with introspection!

Hehe! Okay so, I love his mind....

~Aztec

• freedom96
    freedom96

I do believe in soulmates, and believe in loves of a lifetime. However, I do think that for every person out there, there certainly can be many that can serve as that love of a lifetime.

To think that out of 6 billion people out there, there is only one out there designed to be your soulmate is a little extreme. The odds of finding that "only one" person is very remote. But, perhaps for every one of us there are thousands that might fit, but maybe you only meet one of them. But there you have it, your love of a lifetime.

Certainly though, what does happen in life is that every part of it can and is changed by decisions in our lives. Think about how close we came to not meeting our spouse, or not getting a job, etc.

For me, I did find what I consider to be the love of my life. I cherish her with all my heart. What were the chances that I would meet someone like her under our circumstances? I believe one in millions. So, I met my one in a million.

Whatever you want to call it, soul mate, love of a lifetime, I found it with my wife.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Freedom96, that's very sweet!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit