Article: Church elder sentenced to 80 years in prison for sex assaults in Cleburne county

by AndersonsInfo 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It was a criminal prosecution, not a civil suit, so i don't think there was an award to the victims, other than the conviction and sentencing - that was not much but at least something.

• LV101
    LV101

I hope the victims are awarded monies -- the WT should have to pay.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Half banana - "...The purpose of the JW org is to present to the world a squeaky clean Bible based religion doing God's work..."

At one point, sure. Nowadays, though?

Honestly, I don't think they give a flying fuck what "Satan's World" thinks of them, anymore.

At this point, it's about presenting to the membership a "squeaky-clean, Bible-based" image...

...i.e. keeping the rank-and-file from fully grasping the scope of the problem.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I have to agree with you that there was a time the Witness religion cared very much what the world thought about them.

I think it’s changed and NOW they ONLY care about what their members think of them..They’ll do anything to keep the truth about what they are from the remaining members, some of whom are hanging on by a thread..The religion will do almost anything to stem the flow of people jumping ship and other escape artists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit