Jehovah’s Witnesses: Locusts From the Abyss?

by miner 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• miner
    miner

http://www.megspace.com/religion/museltof/1jws.html

I suspect this has been posted before, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth a look...

• SYN
    SYN

Cool article! If I ever encounter a Dub I'm definitely using that! Heheheeh!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Interesting...In all likelyhood it seems the author of Revelation was identifiying the legendary Nero revivicus (spelled right?)as King who was, is not, and yet will be, who was expected to return from the dead accompanied with the archer cavalry(locusts/horsemen) of the Parthian empire. (kings of the east) and retake the Roman throne.

• DJ
    DJ

Finally, someone sees what I saw 7 years ago! I e-mailed the author with a few questions just now because I have only one translation RSV that uses the name abaddon in the OT. The rest use destruction.I am confused as to the meaning of the name is it "the destroyer" or destruction. It sounds similar but one is a title and one is an action. It is a minute difference but I guess that is why most translations don't use abbadon in the OT. It would be interesting to find out which is correct. I always suspected that there was something far beyond just another denomination or even just another cult with the JW teachings. I am so happy to read that someone else understands REV. 9 the same way that I do. Thanks for the link, Miner>>>>>>>love, dj

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Interesting . Looking back, it is incredible how the WT applies to itself so many prophesies of Scripture.

Do they really think that the world ,or "Christendom" is really stung by an article in WT?

Such an exagerated sense of self importance!!!!!!

• noko
    noko

The article has very good insight, it sadens me that many will follow, obey and worship an organization that aligns itself from the Bible's prospective to Satan.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace.

Apollyon... or Abaddon... is Death (Destruction)... the one (king) whose "realm" is the abyss... and who is God's, Christ's... and our... greatest and "last" enemy.

He (Death) does not have full rein; he cannot take all whom he wishes, for even he is subject to God (Life). Death exists just as creatures do: by eating. And he is never satisfied.

It was to Death, then, that Adam sold himself... and his offspring. It was FROM Death, that my Lord gave HIS life: to ransom us BACK. When my Lord "died", however, unlike mankind before my Lord's death... Death... could not HOLD him! So, too, by means of this, Death cannot hold those who BELONG to my Lord, so that Death must give such ones up!

My Lord, then, was the EQUAL WEIGHT life... that Death required... in order to let go of all that he (Death) holds that belongs to the Christ. Adam... created WITHOUT sin... gave himself and his offspring TO Death... in exchange for an opportunity to be "like God''... KNOWING good (God)... AND bad (Death). Thus, in order to RELEASE us from Death's grip, a life worth AT LEAST as much as Adam's... if not more... was the trade off: if JAH gave Death His only-begotten Son... Death would release those of mankind who belonged to JAH.

Death's "high priest", however, SATAN, the "father of the lie"... the one who first brought forth the lie (Death does not lie - he is what he is and does what he does)... has as his MAIN vocation, leading us TO Death... and starting with Adam, used a lie to do it ("you will NOT die")! By means of seduction, deception, misleadings, and exploitation of our own weaknesses and desires, he attempts to lead us down a "broad and spacious road"... TO Death/Destruction. My Lord, however, the High Priest of the Most Holy One of Israel... the LIFE... attempts to lead us TO life... to GOD... by standing in the way and shouting, "THIS IS... I AM... THE WAY, you people; walk in IT... through ME!"

My Lord, then... is the Chief Agent... or primary broker... of life... by of which life... is BOUGHT... for those who belong to him. Satan... is the chief agent... or primary broker... who SELLS death... by means of leading us AWAY from God... through our own flesh. Both transactions... are free: life, through Christ... and death... through Satan.

Death... Abaddon/Apollyon... the Destroyer... although "chained" by God... is also loosed by God... from time to time... to do his "thing"... which is "feed". He was loosed on Egypt; he was loosed on the Assyrians. Under those circumstances, once God had allowed him to sufficiently feed, he was again chained. But even chained, since Adam there has always been a means for him to be fed: we all still die.

But one day, it will be as Paul (?) wrote: "Death... WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

For Death, too, will be hurled into the Lake of Fire... and be... NO MORE.

I, myself, SJ, a slave of Christ, have spoken it to you... just as I have heard and received it from my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies.

I bid you peace.

• DJ
    DJ

Only the watchtower could take Rev. 9 and twist it until it is so disfigured and then claim it to be a good thing to be a plague (woe) from the bottomless pit whose sole reason for knocking on doors is to harm people by torturing them. Take note that they (locusts) cannot harm anyone who already has the seal of God, which is the Holy Spirit (Eph). Also notice that the locusts cannot kill but only torture. That is the same limitation that satan had on him when he went to harm Job. Because of their lie that Jesus is an angel, they have managed to align Him with the demons and their king, Abaddon. Next time a jw darkens your door tell them that you don't want to be tortured or harmed and ask them why on earth they let themselves be tortured and harmed by the witnesses that converted them. Ask them why they did not put on the armor of God and win. When they tell you that they didn't have the seal of the holy spirit then, remind them that they were harmed by the locust plague that came to their door and then joined in on it. This is not the good news now, is it?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

That Article was GREAT!

Can you believe that the Jehovah's Witnesses actually proclaim that they follow SATAN!?!?

I'm going to comment more soon.

Here is a very interesting Watchtower Quote:

Studies in the Scriptures, Volume VII, Page 159:

"'The prince of the power of the air.' Eph. 2:2... That is, Destroyer. But in plain English his name is Satan, the Devil"

At one time, the Watchtower actually correctly identified Abaddon as Satan.

But then.....

Then is Finished the Mystery of God, Page 232:

"In Hebrew his name is Abaddon, meaning 'Destruction'; and in the Greek it is Apollyon, meaning 'Destroyer.' All this plainly identifies the 'angel' as picturing Jesus Christ, the Son of Jehovah God"

• DJ
    DJ

This is right up there as one of the sickest twisted nonsensical teachings they have come up with. It is hard to believe that they fall for it. I remember reading the red Rev/Grand Climax book and thinking...why would they desire to be a plague? a woe? Their arrogance in thinking that everything is directed to them in the bible has utterly backfired and sunken their mothership. Pride comes before a fall. I am aware of about only two scriptures that they use to justify this teaching and they are just plain wrong and clearly flawed. Just as they twist all of the scriptures.......... this one is really out there and I hope to use it to help jw's get out of her lies. They are a like plague and a spreading cancer so, atleast they admit it. I remember tha day that I read in Joel, that God will restore the years stolen by the locusts and I wept.

Undis....the false "reasoning" that they use is : Jesus has the keys to death and Hades.... (true but He is not a" fallen star" and it it showing that they keys were being given to this fallen star, when God authorizes this plague on the earth) The other one that I recall is the demons aked Jesus if He came to "destroy them?" This is a classic example of the way they get stuck on words and ignore the rest of the bible. I don't remember much more than those two.....probably because it was all the spiritual vomit that I could stomach. Thank you Father, for revealing it to babes that Satan falls as lightening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit