Post your fav childrens story

by hippikon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Heheh I loved it! It's funny you should bring up that book because guess what I have on my bedside table to start reading again tonight ?

Isn't it strange how you forget things .. I think I have read that book at least twice and still cant remember most of the story. Although I was about 8 at the time.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    Isn't it strange how you forget things .. I think I have read that book at least twice and still cant remember most of the story.

That's so true. For some reason, the parts I do remember are the silliest parts. Like I still remember Edmund eating the Turkish Delight and having a little candy fantasy. LOL Completely irrelevant, but I remember it.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Herbert the Timid Dragon

(and any other Mercer Mayer stories--the Little Critter Series ROCKS!) hee hee!

• shamus
    shamus

My personal fav....

alt

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

There was a childrens' book called: THE NONSENSE BOOK.

It was written by Edward Lear.

It had tons of limericks, poems, songs and stories.

I loved it. It had incredible drawings and I could read it cover to cover, and never tire of it.

Back in 1992, while visiting friends in western Canada, I was allowed to sleep in a spare room. In there, was a book shelf with hundreds of books, mostly childrens and teen novels.

I scan through, and what do I see: The NONSENSE BOOK. I had not seen it in nearly 20 years. I was so happy. I grabbed it, and took it to bed and read it.

"The Owl & The Pussycat", "The Jabberwocky" and all the famous limericks I once knew.

I think maybe book 3 of must reads, will be to pick this up, and simply have it with me. It gave me so much comfort on cold lonely nights as a kid.

• Jesika
    Jesika

As a child and even now I don't like to read books, due to reading hurts my eyes and gives me a headache (I have insurance now so I will be getting glasses FINALLY).

Anyways, the books that I LOVED were the Ms. Piggle Wiggle books. If you have never read one, even as an adult you would LOVE them.

I can't explain the books, but I must say Ms. Piggle Wiggle has some very creative ways of "fixing" childhood problems or habits.

Jes

of the *if I read it, it is worth reading class*

• blackout
    blackout

OOOH I love childrens books.

The Narnia series

Harry Potter

Famous Five by Enid Blyghton

Jill has two ponies (all the Jill books) by Ruby Ferguson

The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings

The Far away Tree books by E.B.

The Wishing Chair books by E.B.

All the English books about ponies.

The books about Jed the wizard (I forget the titles)

Fly by Night and Penningtons Seventeenth Summer

Lots more but these were my fav.s and now my kids are reading them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Graham Oakley and the Church Mice books.

http://www.geocities.com/gkcxc/oakley/

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

"Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit