Awake April 22,2003 - JW admits rummaging in bins!

by ISP 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Going through other peoples refuse is not exactly what you expect from JWs. In some places it would be banned and be an offence.

Here is the admission.

'From Our Readers'

I really enjoyed the article on the garbage problem. For a long time, I lived in a large apartment complex with several dumpsters on the property. One time I was walking outside and noticed that on top of the full dumpster, there was a shiny new coffeemaker. Previous to that, two teenage boys said they had found a gold watch there. I was shocked at what we could find in those dumpsters. Now they have a sign stating, 'No rummaging in dumpsters.'

Rummaging in bins, what fun and the chance of getting something for nothing! Never mind the health hazards. I guess they made a mess doing it, hence the sign going up, although the writer does not say he/she stopped!

ISP

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Eeeewwwww.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

They rummage through rubbish every 2 weeks...when the new WT and Awake! come out.

• shamus
    shamus

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!

That is totally sick! Rummaging through rubbish? How many condoms did he have to pick off before he found it...

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Maybe they were looking for literature. Ya know how the Society has taught witnesses to recycle old magazines.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew of a couple of JWs who were dumpster divers. I don't think the elders were pleased but they didn't stop them. One was even a MS.

Then there are the JWs that junk pick through the stuff set out for pickup as they are going door to door.

Blondie

• rocketman
    rocketman

The reader may not have been a jw - the Awake does get printed to the tune of 20 million copies each issue.

A guy I used to work with was a former garbage collector. He told me that he used to find some good eats in the garbage and he'd snack on them while on the garbage run.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

That's disgusting.

• Latte
    Latte

I guess the dub was just doing what the GB have done for years....trying to recycle old garbage.

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Then there are the JWs that junk pick through the stuff set out for pickup as they are going door to door.

Blondie? You are describing Sister Gerri .... LOL

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit