What would you do if.....

by Gizmo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

You’re feeling poorly now for a few weeks, so you decide it’s time for a check up….after exhaustive tests….the doctor calls you into his surgery and says…you have cancer and basically it’s so badly spread that there’s nothing they can do, and you have at the most 6 months to live…5 of those months you will be able to function normally, still feel ill but with some medication be able to enjoy of what’s left of your life.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Sorry this bit of the post was cut out.

Ok here’s the thing.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Give some Suggestions on how to spend those last 5 months, given your current personal circumstances

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Giz, I sincerely hope that you are speaking hypothetically.

If it were me, I would do all the things I have wanted to do but never had the time. I would also make sure that my children knew how much I truly love them and try to make it easier for them.

Shari

• shamus
    shamus

I would do 5 months of intense climbing... sell all my things... make my own funeral arrangements, which would conist of no service, only cremation....

That;'s it.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I would make sure my will was updated, sell everything.....and rent a condo on the beach in Hawaii...and be found a tan happy dead person. OBTW I have thought about this, alot, if your dying too, wanna split the rent on a condo somewhere?

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Shari. "I would do all the things I have wanted to do but never had the time."

Like what things?

Shamus....so you like to climb...I'm scared of heights personally...but I guess one wouldn't have too much to lose would one?

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Cool NPY...how about the Bahamas?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Giz, like travel. I don't know how I would get the money but that is what I would want to do. I've always wanted to travel to each of the countries of each of my different nationalities. Germany, Norway, Ireland, Sweden, England, Wales, France and Slovenia.

The next best thing would be to live out my life at the beach.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Move back to Montreal to be near my daughters to spend the most time with them

edited to add

wierd that this is posted - I went for a test today a tad worried because I thought I had skin cancer - DR says No but sent the test to the lab to confirm Phew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit