Did you ever really fear Jehovah?

by Tower Man 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

Very much so, I tried to do everything so that It wouldn't make him angry etc.

When I used to think I had upset him, I prayed so much the guilt used to kill me.

• blondie
    blondie

Why fear God when you live with a father who is abusive 24/7?

Blondie (17 years of sleeping with one eye open)

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I thought I did, but if I honestly look back at it, I feared what the elders told me would happen to me if I did wrong. I feared getting in trouble, i.e., disfellowshipped, etc. I don't honestly think it was fear of Jehovah.

And like someone stated above, I'm now a happy agnostic.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom - so I suppose by making people fear God all the time, the gb can keep everyone right back at the start - pretty much nowhere yet.

paduan

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yeah, I feared Jehovah. He was always so pissed off at me, at least that's what other people told me. I'm convinced, if Jehovah was really pissed off at me, he would have struck me dead by now.

I now think of Jehovah as a funny cartoon character, always growling "Fred GOOD! Janie BAAAD. Don and Linda BAAAAAD! John GOOOD! Uh oh, John BAAAAD!"

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Towerman,

I relate to what you have written. It took me years to discern that I was fearing a man made organization who falsely claimed to speak for God. That is the key needed to be free from them. There needs to be a 'divorce' in one's mind of the God of the watchtower and the true God of the bible. It sounds so simple yet it is very complex for the person seeking the real truth. Satan fights them hard to keep them blind but God prevails for those who trust Him. love, dj

• Litebriterstill
    Litebriterstill

Blondie and SpunkyChick I send you both hugs. I was from a Catholic family of 10 and told that I would burn in hell for not helping my mother more. I would wake at night sweating profusely and waving my arms to get out of the fire of hell. I didn't know fear of God but was kept in line by devil fear factor for sure!!!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Umbagwamba!

Hugs for everyone.

DOGZ rediscovered

278d5r

• Dogpatch
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No, I never did fear Jehovah. I never had a "relationship" with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit