The Watchtower’s Investments in Warfare Technology

by l3gi0n 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avengers
    avengers

When I checked last I found this. The WT was listed. There's no denying that!

I can't however find any SEC filings from this year. It can be that they finally "corrected" the "mistake"
    the "two brothers" made. Haha.

SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    WASHINGTON, D.C. 20549

FORM 10-KSB

ANNUAL REPORT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d) OF
    THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1934

For the Fiscal Year Ended April 30, 2001

COMMISSION FILE NO. 0-23920

REGI U.S., INC.
    -----------------
    (Name of small business issuer as specified in its charter)

OREGON 91-1580146
    (State or other jurisdiction of (I.R.S. Employer
    incorporation or organization) Identification Number)

185 - 10751 SHELLBRIDGE WAY
    RICHMOND, BRITISH COLUMBIA V6X 2W8, CANADA
    Name Class A Shares Owned Percentage of
    Class A Shares
    Owned
    <S> <C> <C>
    John G. Robertson, Chairman of the Board
    of Directors, President and Director (1) (2) 5,966,050 58.37%
    The Watchtower Society (3) 5,257,900 51.44%James McCann (4) 5,257,900 51.44%
    Rand Energy Group Inc. (5) 5,257,900 51.44%
    Jennifer Lorette, Vice President and
    Director (6) 85,500 *
    James Vandeberg, Chief Operating Officer
    and Director 75,000 *
    Patrick Badgley, Vice President, Research
    and Development and Director
    75,000 *
    ALL EXECUTIVE OFFICERS &
    DIRECTORS AS A GROUP (FOUR
    INDIVIDUALS) (7) 6,201,550 60.67%
    Rand Cam Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly
    owned 50% by The Watchtower Society, a religious organization
    , 34% by James
    McCann and the balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated
    that he donated the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization
    but has retained a voting proxy for those shares.
    Accordingly, in Notes (3) and
    (4) above, beneficial ownership of the 5,257,900 shares registered in the name
    of Rand Energy Group Inc. has been attributed to The Watchtower Society and Mr.
    McCann
  • Room 215
    Room 215

A rhetorical question: What kind of pressure would be brought to bear by the JW powers that be on any local JW who owned a sizeable holding of shares in tobacco companies? I know of at least one JW investor who sold his holdings of a mutual fund with an outstanding performance record immediately after he learned that a large chunk of its holdings in the portfolio was R.J. Reynolds.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Here is the latest I found. The direct URL is: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/922330/000106299302000371/form10k.txt

Or, go to http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/webusers.htm and enter the name of the company or stock symbol (REGI) and look for the latest 10-KSB.

It says:

SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    WASHINGTON, D.C. 20549
    -------------------------------

FORM 10-KSB

ANNUAL REPORT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d) OF
    THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1934

For the Fiscal Year Ended April 30, 2002

COMMISSION FILE NO. 0-23920

REGI U.S., INC.
    Class A Shares
    Owned
    <S> <C> <C>
    John G. Robertson, Chairman of the Board 5,781,350 51.22%
    of Directors, President and Director (1) (2)
    The Watchtower Society (3) 5,073,200 44.94%
    James McCann (4) 5,073,200 44.94%
    Rand Energy Group Inc. (5) 5,073,200 44.94%
    Jennifer Lorette, Vice President and Director 85,500 *
    (6)
    James Vandeberg, Chief Operating Officer 76,000 *
    and Director (7)
    Patrick Badgley, Vice President, Research 75,000 *
    and Development and Director (8)

ALL EXECUTIVE OFFICERS & 6,017,850 53.31%
    DIRECTORS AS A GROUP (FOUR
    INDIVIDUALS) (9)
    Rand Cam Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly
    owned 50% by The Watchtower Society, a religious organization, 34% by James
    McCann and the balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated
    that he donated the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization
    but has retained a voting proxy for those shares. Accordingly, in Notes (3) and
    (4) above, beneficial ownership of the 5,073,200 shares registered in the name
    of Rand Energy Group Inc. has been attributed to The Watchtower Society and Mr.
    McCann. We believe it would be misleading and not provide clear disclosure to
    list as beneficial owners in the table the other entities and persons discussed
    in this paragraph, although a strict reading of Rule 13d-3 under the Securities
    Exchange Act of 1934 might require each such entity and person to be listed in
    the beneficial ownership table.

All this information has already been posted. What I have just done is verified that at least as of April 30, 2002, the Watchtower was still holding REGI stock. The Watchtower's letter posted at http://www.geocities.com/wtgreed/article.htm is dated November 11, 2002. So, it is possible that the WT sold off their holdings in REGI sometime during 2002.

Their latest form 10-QSB is http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/922330/000106299303000249/form10qsb.htm

I guess we will have to wait for their 10-KSB to be filed, sometime in August going by their filing pattern.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Legion said,

"I have always assumed I was wrong, and that I had a bad heart... The problem is that it really challenges every thing I believe in."

It's time to begin changing your beliefs, Legion.

For openers, you are NOT wrong and you DO NOT have a bad heart.

You have been the victim of liars, liars who put the burden of their false teachings and hypocrisy on you.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I have to get my head round this one day, it's enough to blow your mind.

I tried looking into it once, and If what I read is true, surely it should be AS BIG AS the U.N scandal.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Gerard, is there any proof that the Society is still a shareholder in REGI or any of its companies?

If the Watchtower sold their shares withinthe last two years, it would have been recorded in the inside trading:

R EGI U S INC (OTC BB: RGUS.OB ) More Info: Quote | Chart | News | Profile | Reports | SEC | Insider | Financials

Transaction List | Roster

More SEC filings for RGUS.OB available from EDGAR Online | Get a Free Trial to EDGAR Online Premium

Insider & restricted shareholder transactions reported over the last two years
    Date Who Shares Transaction alt
    2002-05-10 RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    Beneficial Owner (10% or more)
    10,000 Sale at $0.21 per share.
    (Proceeds of $2,100)
    2002-04-08 RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    15,000 Sale at $0.205 per share.
    (Proceeds of $3,075)
    2002-03-28 JGR PETROLEUM INC
    Private or Shareholder
    32,000 Planned Sale
    (Estimated proceeds of $5,760)
    2002-02-07 RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    10,000 Sale at $0.225 per share.
    (Proceeds of $2,250)
    2002-01-23 RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    10,000 Sale at $0.27 per share.
    (Proceeds of $2,700)
    2001-12-12 -
    2001-12-27
    RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    58,000 Sale at $0.26 - $0.285 per share.
    (Proceeds of about $16,000)
    2001-11-13 RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    10,000 Sale at $0.21 per share.
    (Proceeds of $2,100)
    2001-10-24 RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    10,000 Sale at $0.25 per share.
    (Proceeds of $2,500)
    2001-08-20 -
    2001-08-31
    RAND ENERGY GROUP INC
    71,700 Sale at $0.30 - $0.44 per share.

More SEC filings for RGUS.OB available from EDGAR Online | Get a Free Trial to EDGAR Online Premium
    EDGAR Online: Research people in this company | Full text Search

Chart

• Gerard
    Gerard

Just wondering if any of these names are recognized as JW:

REGI US INC

The following names appear in REGI US INC's SEC filings. Click on an individual's name to show a list of all documents containing a discussion of this individual. You will then be able to use EDGAR Online People

to explore **inside** each document to find executive compensation, corporate biographies, stock options - anywhere an individual's name is mentioned!
  • gcc2k
    gcc2k
    If the Watchtower sold their shares withinthe last two years, it would have been recorded in the inside trading:

I agree. I did note from the 10K that the Watchtower actually holds shares in Rand Cam Energy Corp, not REGI.
    Same thing I guess (in principle), but Rand Cam Energy Corp is not publically traded, so there would be no record of insider trading.

James McCann could have sold the shares, but there would be a record of that, and there does not appear to be.

From the 10K, the Watchtower holds slightly over 5 million shares. Nothing like that has been traded according to the records, and you have to consider the financial implications of that transaction - the stock would likely plummet to nothing, opening up the possibility for a hostile takeover or a buyout. The only "safe" way out would be for the Society to transfer the shares to a holding company or donate them somehow, perhaps back to the person who originally gave them to the Society.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I did note from the 10K that the Watchtower actually holds shares in Rand Cam Energy Corp, not REGI.
    Same thing I guess (in principle), but Rand Cam Energy Corp is not publically traded, so there would be no record of insider trading.

Do not get confused: Note that the SEC filing shown below was filed by Regi US, Inc.

John G. Robertson, Chairman of the Board 5,781,350 51.22%
    of Directors, President and Director (1) (2)
    The Watchtower Society (3) 5,073,200 44.94%
    James McCann (4) 5,073,200 44.94%
    Rand Energy Group Inc. (5) 5,073,200 44.94%
    5) Rand Energy Group Inc. is owned 51% by Reg Technologies Inc. and 49% by
    Rand Cam Engine Corp. Under Rule 13d-3 under the Securities Exchange Act of
    1934, both Reg Technologies Inc. and Rand Cam Engine Corp. could be considered
    the beneficial owner of the 5,073,200 shares registered in the name of Rand
    Energy Group Inc.

Rand Cam Engine Corp (owned 50% by the WT) owns 49% of Rand Energy Group Inc which in turn owns Regi U.S. Inc (also owned 45% by the WT). Of these 3 companies, Regi is the only public-held company selling shares in the stock market. So if the WT sells its Reg shares it will be shown in Regi's inside trading.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Thanks for the clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit