Do elders only beat up on women?

by aunthill 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

That may be very true but my point is that certainly not ALL elders beat up women. Just as not all fathers or husbands beat up women.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I quit going and they only came to see me after 9 years. Two elders. I asked them 10 questions and they lied to me by telling me they would do some research on them and get back to me. They did not reply at all and after 8 more years I called them and asked them how they were doing on the questions.

I think the group leaders more easily confront the females. Elders avoided me. Still do I am happy to report.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Hmm. I've been under the impression that if you miss a meeting it is noticed and you will be "encouraged" to not do that again. Is it only that JWs tend to be in families and the family members do the encouraging?

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Hi Valis! Sounds like one that I hadn't heard about. Is Dax (R.I.P.) Dead?

merc'

• Valis
    Valis

Yes Merc...he died in a motorcycle accident.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Is it only that JWs tend to be in families and the family members do the encouraging?

Encouraging hmmm never saw it. We did to a brother that didn't gor for a year or so, I wish we never had.

As far as Chris' family encouraging. His Father would say "get your ass to the next meeting. " Can you feel the love.

• fairy
    fairy

they think they can because women who are witnesses arent really suppose to speak up and they are supposed to do what they are told, be submissive and say "yes" and "no" master.....whilst bowing their heads!!!!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Bullies, deep down, are usually insecure. Verbal abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse...it seems to merely be a matter of scale - same basic problem showing up in different ways. I have always suspected our old PO of being a wife abuser. She seemed scared of her shadow and he was a mysogynistic bully that very few of the sisters trusted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit