Who Do JW's Think Is More Powerful----Jehovah or Satan the Devil?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Plmkrzy,

I'm not sure if your post was directed towards me or not but just in case:

My assertion that the Watchtower is Satan the Devil is only in the context of the meaning of those names.

I do not believe in the Biblical Satan, a spirit creature left around by God to torment other creatures unable to defend themselves.

The only satans and devils I believe in are people in authority who misuse that authority.

IW

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I can see where you're going with this but, in reality, the WTS are mere pee-ons compared to the major religions of the world. Why would Satan want to be so small if he is in charge of the entire world?
    That is why their are so many religions. They are all run by Satan. He knew that not all people would fall for all the crap of one religion so, he made up many religions full of different crap. People are bound to swollow crap form one of these religions.

• minimus
    minimus

Let me tell you where I'm going with this. It dawned on me that EVERYTHING we're supposed to be worried about is relating to the demons. The Devil is looking at YOU at all times. No he isn't . He's supposed to be only 1 creature. He's not God. There are supposed to be more good angels then demons. So the fear and intimidation that the Society uses is plain BULL!

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

Whoever can pat his head and rub his belly at the same time..........

• minimus
    minimus

Waygoode, I've seen the Devil do that on TV.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

In the 'Revelation Climax' book we see an illustration of a woman giving up her baby, to heaven away from the grasping jaws of a dragon. This is meant to represent a scene from Revelation. The paragraph describes this events by telling us that "God's kingdom" was represented by the baby ande at its birth in 1914 it had to be snatched to heaven away from the clutches of Satan.

Bible students are puzzled over this, for it would mean that Jehovah was scared that Satan would destroy the Kingdom at birth, indicating that Satan was more powerful than God.

Incidentally, on many occasions whilst conducting Book Studies, we would have supposedly mistaken comments about this passage, where the brother or sister would say it represented Jesus' own birth i.e. not the Kingdom. I would hastily call for a "correcting"comment. Looking back on those times, I can see that many dubs have got it right, it does represent Jesus' own birth, death and resurrection to heaven.

So, do dubs believe that satan is more powerful? Yes, even though they don't think they believe it, in reality they do.

Cheers, Ozzie

• minimus
    minimus

Ozzie, You proved my point perfectly. Thank you.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

mini,

my brother brought this question up to me years ago, he asked if Jehovah is so powerful why are we so afraid of Satan?

He stated all the Watchtower stuff is about satan and the demunz.....now I understand the question.

• minimus
    minimus

notperfectyet, Your brother figured out something years ago that just recently dawned on me. See, I'm not the brightest bulb in the sky!

• Hamas
    Hamas

They think Jehovah is more powerful, minimus.

After all, Satan gets defeated and God wins.

Have you got a big book of questions somewhere in your house?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit