No Longer Afraid

by compound complex 26 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Much appreciated, stillin -- THANKS!

Keep cranking it out! -- stillin

This old "crank" is working on it. A line from some prose poetry regarding recovery from writer's block:

"Hot blood pulses anew within fingers I thought stilled forever in a writer's graveyard of unwritten verse . . . " -- "I Lose All Track of Time," by Frank Carton

Best Wishes!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm glad you're able to be frank about your life experience and who you are now 😀 Contentment and peace sound beautiful. I find that joy is a bonus that pays an occasional visit when we least expect it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Perhaps it comes, in part, from getting older and wiser, Xanthippe. Joy, an occasional visitor, is welcome but not necessarily expected to prolong her visit.

I can live with that.

Thanks!

Join you in a beer, OUTLAW?

• LV101
    LV101

CC - You're one eloquent writer. Hope you keep the words flowing especially on the subject of life's many bumps - actually any subject is perfect!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Join you in a beer, OUTLAW?.....Coco

You know what Coco?

It would be awesome to have a few cold beers and a good conversation with you.

We`ve been on line friends for years, it would be nice to meet you in person.

Who knows?..Maybe one day...

Image result for 2 cold mugs of beer cheers

• compound complex
    compound complex

That's on my bucket list, OUTLAW! I appreciate your words of friendship and encouragement.

Cheers, mon ami!

Thanks also to you, LV101. You've always encouraged me. Who knows, one day I may branch out into other subjects!

• compound complex
    compound complex

LV101: As already stated, I have begun branching out!

• LV101
    LV101

Coco - there you go! Perfect!

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am going home, yet not without sorrow;
    for too long have I been adrift.

There was no place to call my own nor
    anyone to take me in.

The price I paid for careless days of youth
    spent has been too dear.

I look upward to a welcoming sky that beckons,
    reassuring that, soon, this

Wanderer shall be home, in the warm and loving
    embrace of the cosmos.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am glad you have found a measure of peace through your writing and with time and distance. Every moment of joy and contentment is a victory.

I also enjoy creative pursuits, it's very much a part of me. I also have been much helped by meditation, recently I have been using guided meditations, which helps my ADHD brain to stay focused. My favorite are those by The Honest Guys on you tube. They have different meditations depending on what you want, stess, anxiety, depression, motivation, healing, creativity, etc. I highly recommend them, if you are not already practicing meditation.

This is my favorite, it's called "The Seat"

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+honest+guys+the+seat&view=detail&mid=16FB70CEB94037E7771A16FB70CEB94037E7771A&FORM=VIRE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit