Can I block someone who messages me.

by LostintheFog1999 11 Replies latest forum tech-support

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

I keep getting this person who wants me to email them with information already freely available on this website.

I have told him that I have no intention of emailing a total stranger from my personal email address, but they keep sending me this demand.

from bola to LostintheFog1999

Can you tell me how to block this persistent messager?

• titch
    titch

Lost: I think that there is a way to do that. I don't know what e-mail program you use, but there should be a category at the top that says something like "junk mail." Next time that you receive a message from this individual, click on it, and "tell" you system to just put any future messages from that person into your "junk mail" folder. I think that most e-mail programs will automatically delete all 'junk mail" after a certain number of days. You can try that, and I hope that it works. Best Regards

Titch.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

LITF are you referring to email, or to the message service within this site? If the latter, Simon would have to weigh in. I don't use the JW Discussion messaging much, but I don't see a way to block users.

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

Dropoffyourkeylee

Yes, I am referring to the messaging service within this site.

I am also curious if other people were being asked to do similar.

What puzzles me is that I can't find Bola in the list of users???

• Simon
    Simon

If someone keeps messaging you after you have asked them not to, you can message me the details and I will look into it.

But only if it's repeat requests after that.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

otherwise we could play a trick on this funny guy and spread his email around the web

• Simon
    Simon
    I have told him that I have no intention of emailing a total stranger from my personal email address, but they keep sending me this demand.

Turns out this is a complete fabrication.

Not sure why you'd do this, or what you think you gain, but it's a dick move especially as you included their email in your post.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Well, this suddenly became interesting...

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

Simon,

My apologies if you think I have erred in relation to this matter. I would like to know how someone who's name I can't find on the users list can message me. I have only replied to them via this website's message option as that is how they messaged me.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

@LostintheFog next time attach a screenshot demonstrating your claims, obviously obscuring sensitive data

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit