I went to the meeting Sunday.............

by integ 14 Replies latest social relationships

• greven
    greven

reading faith on the march is about the same as reading proclaimers.

Take this pearl for example:

***Faith on the March 51 ***

Following this pattern, 2,520 days in the prophecy become 2,520 years in the fulfillment. If the length of time of uninterrupted Gentile rule of earth's nations was to be 2,520 years, then the period would run from the fall of 607 B.C. to A.D. 1914. On the basis of this chronology the time of Christ's second presence and the beginning of his kingdom rule was confidently expected in the fall of A.D. 1914, and Russell was prompted to announce confidently in October, 1914, "The Gentile times have ended; their kings have had their day."

blatent lie! Christ's second presence was dated 1874 up until 1929. This was never 'confidently expected' to happen on 1914.

'Nuff said.

Greven

• blondie
    blondie

Before 1981 the WTS said things like this:

12/1/77 p 723 Is Your Advice Hard to Take?

When we advise others we should use reason and scriptures, not demanding compliance because of a position we might have. (Phil. 4:5) We should be like Paul, who did not use his position as an apostle to pressure people. Instead, he commended them for checking to see whether his teaching was based on the Bible. "They received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so. Therefore many of them became believers."—Acts 17:11, 12.

The Devil used Scripture when he tempted Jesus in the wilderness, and Jesus used scriptures to refute him. Both used scriptures, but with this difference: Satan misapplied them, but Jesus used them properly. (Matt. 4:1-10) We should never twist texts to serve our own purpose, as Satan did. Let us make sure that God is saying what we say that he is saying!

Up after 1981 when the apostate hunt started at Bethel, the Bereans were held as doing something fine but note this ominous change:

2/15/81 p 18-19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?

A NOBLE-MINDED VIEW
    How shall we view the spiritual food provided by this "faithful and discreet slave"? Should it be viewed critically—‘Oh, well, it might be true but then again it might not be and so we have to scrutinize it very critically’? Some apparently have felt that way about it. To support their way of thinking they have quoted Acts 17:11, which says of newly interested persons at Beroea: "Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so."
    But does this mean that those Beroeans were looking for flaws in the message they were hearing, or that their attitude was one of doubting? Does this set a precedent for regarding critically the publications brought forth by the "faithful and discreet slave," with a view to finding fault? Not at all!
    Jesus’ disciples wrote many letters to Christian congregations, to persons who were already in "the way of the truth." (2 Pet. 2:2) But nowhere do we read that those brothers first, in a skeptical frame of mind, checked the Scriptures to make certain that those letters had Scriptural backing, that the writers really knew what they were talking about.

And in 1998

9/1/98 p 14-15 Stay Close to the Theocracy

How can a human organization be ruled by Jehovah, who dwells in the invisible heavens? (Psalm 103:19) In that those associated with it follow the inspired counsel: "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding." (Proverbs 2:6; 3:5) They allow God to rule them as they observe "the law of the Christ" and apply inspired Bible principles in their day-to-day lives. (Galatians 6:2; 1 Corinthians 9:21; 2 Timothy 3:16; see Matthew 5:22, 28, 39; 6:24, 33; 7:12, 21.) To do this, they have to be Bible students. (Psalm 1:1-3) Like the "noble-minded" Beroeans of old, they do not follow humans but constantly verify in the Bible the things that they are learning. (Acts 17:10, 11; Psalm 119:33-36) They pray like the psalmist: "Teach me goodness, sensibleness and knowledge themselves, for in your commandments I have exercised faith."—Psalm 119:66.

The WTS are some of the best scripture twisters I know.

Blondie

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    They pray like the psalmist: "Teach me goodness, sensibleness and knowledge themselves, for in your commandments I have exercised faith."—Psalm 119:66

What that should say, is JWs pray, "Oh Jehovah God, creator of the universe, if you have anything you want me to know, please make sure it gets printed in the WT, otherwise I won't believe it's really from you."

• berylblue
    berylblue
    That means that those who will represent the King, Jesus Christ, must be trained and equipped before the final war so that no period of anarchy will immediately follow it.

From "Faith on the March"

Oh, yeah, JWs are being "trained and equipped" all right. Trained to shun persons who love God but have the audacity to question the organization. Trained to support pedophiles because they are still in good standing in the org, and show no compassion for innocent victims of child abuse, labelling these courageous survivors "liars" and "apostates".

I could go on and on....

Someone else take over, I think I'm going to be sick.

Rosemarie

• berylblue
    berylblue

BTW, why is a JW in good standing writing a book about Jehovah? Aren't the WTS books good enough?

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit