Do you think you will ever experience terrorism yourself?

by freedom96 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

I already have

• Realist
    Realist

i lived about 1 mile away from the WTC when the planes hit... that is most likely the closest i will ever get to terrorism.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have lived in terrorism. My life was filled with it.

1. Every day of my childhood was lived in terror
    2. Almost every day of my marriage (to the JW) was lived in fear
    3. I've been raped
    4. I've had to duck bullets in a cross-fire between a bank robber and the police

Am I afraid of a terrorist attack?

Nope. I think the chances of # 3 or 4 happening again are greater. I think about it sometimes but it just isn't worth getting my knickers in a knot over

PS I live about an hour's drive from the US border

• blondie
    blondie

Good points, Lady Lee. I too grew up in a household of terror with an abusive father. That's a case where the terrorist lives with you. At least the Islamic ones don't live with me.

Blondie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I have a hard time imagining being directly affected by terrorism, living in Columbus Ohio. What I fear is terrorist fallout - collapsed economies, chaos, and anarchy - oh my!

It's kind of scary knowing that there are literally millions of people that, if you were to put a "kill every last American on the face of the earth" button in front of them, they'd press it without even the slightest hesitation. I feel like a Jew living in 1930's Germany.

• josephus
    josephus

i live in northern ireland

ive had my house blown up

• josephus
    josephus

i live in northern ireland

ive had my house blown up once.

ive been attacked by angry mobs twice.

ive seen several bombs go off nearby, killing 6 people.

ive know many hurt by it too.

and allthough i hope not, im pretty certain ill see it again.

one little point though. America is not the only place to suffer terror attacks. All mine were paid for by loyal irish Americans.

of corse lots of others, from Chili to Afganistan can thank the good old U S government for supporting terror in their countries.

maybe a good place to start ending terrorism is in American wallets.

josephus

• Valis
    Valis

I was involved in the riot that followed one of the Cowboy's Super Bowl victory parade...they let all the schools out and it got real ugly...some of my friends were beaten and I had to do some beating on the rioters of my own...they were attacking students walking out of the building...it was real freaky...closest thing I to terrorism I want to be around...but no, I don't worry about foriegn terrorists coming to Dallas and doing any of that at all..Not something I can prevent, so I don't sweat it..I think SARS freaks me out more...especially about travelling.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• little witch
    little witch

If Terrorism = Doing harm to ones physical or emotional well-being in order to further ones religious or political goals, at the victims expense.............

JW's = Terrorism.........................

not meant to offend, but think about it!

• KGB
    KGB

Hell I am experiencing a form of terrorism right now from my JW parents..........And there not even Islamic Go figure.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit