What are the specs of your computer?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

LOL @ Dizzy Cat. Hey at least it's not a TRaSh-80! Remember those? first computer I ever used and I got hooked right then. I used to have a C-64. The disc drive was bigger than the computer itself and sounded like a car that had run out of oil. I used to use the TV in our living room as my monitor until my dad finally got tired of that and bought me a monitor. Then my folks bought my little brother a C-128. Back then you used to could buy Commodores at Sears which was where I got mine. Several months later, the disc drive started acting up. A friend knew of a good repairman/software pirate and hooked me up. When my mom and I went to pick up the "computer" he asked if we had a cat. We didn't because my mom is highly allergic. Turns out he'd found cat hair, lots and lots of cat hair, inside the c64 and other evidence it had been both used and repaired before. Back then Sears was taking C64's that were returned as defective, fixing them, and putting them back on the shelves as new. All he had to do was re-solder the disc drive's socket back to the circuit board and it only cost me like $20 so I was lucky. Ah the good old days.

The one I'm using now I rebuilt myself from a Best Buy disaster. Well, at least the processor and monitor survived Best Buy. I had to replace the motherboard, hard drive, and cd-rw drive.

1.3 gig AMD Athlon processor.

30 gig hard drive, can't remember the mfg.

Came with 128 megs of pc133 SDRAM, I upgraded it to 768 megs. (may be pc100, can't remember)

12x cdrw drive.

Creative Labs SB Live! 5.1 sound card with Creative Labs 5.1 speaker system. I can also hook the sound card up to my home audio receiver, but the Creative 5.1 speaker system actually sounds great. I may go and tinker with the speakers tho, build a bigger sub and all.

The motherboard has an AGP slot, but I'm still using a Radeon PCI card. Forget the exact model tho.

4-port USB hub.

Epson Stylus C60 printer that goes thru ink faster than my Camaro drinks a tank of gas.

Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick.

Logitech wireless trackball. I just don't care for mice. First time I tried a trackball, it took a little getting used to but I'm hooked.

Speed Touch Home USB DSL modem. I can't hold a dial-up connection much longer than about 5-10 minutes in this old house but DSL works flawlessly. And now that I've got broadband I'd just as soon give up the computer and the internet altogether before I go back to dial-up.

And yes it has a webcam and mic and yes ladies I have Yahoo Messenger .

Mike.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Motherchassis is a Babbage Analytical Engine with Babbage Difference Engine processing gearage overclocked to two computations per minute. Extras include algorhythmic mill, printing mill, steam engine to replace the handcranks, and a Hollerith Card Reader modified for RS232. It playes Matell Intellivion cartridges too. All in an Amstrad case.

• JH
    JH

Do they sell these at MalMart

• liquidsky
  • rocketman
    rocketman

I love the abacus that hippikon posted!

My specs:

65 Watts RMS, both channels driven, stereo mode, at .05% THD.

55 Watts into all channels during multi-channel operation.

130 Watts driving an 8" high-compliance cone

Oops, that's my receiver and subwoofer.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Yes I know it's a bit slow - Do you know where I can get an upgrade?

Perhaps to a "HAL 9000" but I hear they are a bit unstable?

• amac
    amac

It's a bit old now, but it works purty good:

AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz

512MB

NVidia GeForce4 Ti 4600

40 GB HD

DVDplayer/CD Burner

Sony 19" Flat Screen Monitor

and some cool Sony active speakers with a subwoofer.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Intel P4 1.7 GHZ Processor

512 MB RAM

80GB HD

19 in. Flat Screen Monitor

48X12X48 CDRW

12XDVD

I have a 56k modem installed, but I share a DSL internet connection currently running at 672kbps.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

specks on my computer? I think it's spit from laughing at some of these threads.

ohhhh, specs....
    emachine 466id 466 intel celery processor & maxed out w/ 256 RAM - 8xCDRW 40g HD

time for me to upgrade I see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit