visits to inactive ones is there any directives recieved by elders

by quinah 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quinah
    quinah

I know I might have asked this before, but have the elders EVER had any directive on visiting inactive ones with a view to finding out their current situation/feelings on being a witness, and then using a negative response as an "excuse" for disassociating them or disfellowshipping them? I thought I had read some where that there had been a push on visiting inactive ones with a view to doing the above. I have just mentioned this to the in-laws who are still in the borg, and they asked another elder who denys the fact that this would be done. Can any one help please or find me something in print that I can show them as i got the feeling I was making it up just to slate the religion and justify my not going to meetings any more!

• shamus
    shamus

There WAS a directive for them to do this... to find inactive ones and see if they were "disassosiated" or not. If you don't believe it anymore, and tell them that, they will disassosiate you. If you want to stay in your current standing, just don't talk to them, and never, EVER talk to two at once....

• quinah
    quinah

Shamus, is there any letters or anything on the net which shows the directive in writing else the inlaws wont just take my word for it?

• shamus
    shamus

I know of no such information... however, someone on this board may have something... give it some time for people to reply. It would be very interesting to see if there is something on it. I believe that it was in the Kingdumb Ministry, or maybe letters to elders? I dunno. Anyways, give it some time for other members to post... I'm not as "learned" as some of these guys!

• FreeofGuilt
    FreeofGuilt

I have the Watchtower cd rom from 1997, but I have a MAC. Does anyone know where we can get a pirated copy? I was trying to look up some info on the procedures of visiting inactive one..... Dang it-

• riz
    riz

quinah-

the directive was in both the Feb. and the March 2003 Kingdom Ministries. I don't have the scans handy, but you may want to ask Stephanus. I believe he has the scans.

*edited to add

This is just the directive to the elders to visit inactive ones from Jan-March. I don't believe you'll find anything that tells them to automatically df or da ones who don't want to come back.

• quinah
    quinah

Riz u are a star! Luv u loads just got to get hold of youre mate and i will be a happy bunny THANK YOU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit