• rocketman
    rocketman

Hey young man, welcome to the forum!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome! Glad you are here! Gary

• Joker10
    Joker10

Afrothunder88, are you gonna tell dad you and your mom have been visiting this site?

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome afrothunder!!!

• JamesThomas
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Welcome Afrothunder,

Consider this. The angels had no qualms about acknowledging Jesus' birth and celebrating it. See Luke 2:12-14 I wonder why Jehovah's Witnesses have a problem with it.

• proplog2
    proplog2

JW's don't celebrate birthdays because the only biblical record of birthdays involved someone getting killed. They only celebrate one day - which by the way involved someone getting killed - the memorial of Christ's death.

• Vash_The_Stampede_13
    Vash_The_Stampede_13

The reason is, 17 men say they can’t. Their excuse is, Birthdays are pagan because... the candles on the birthday cake and the shape of the cake being round is tribute to the moon god. Family to protect them from evil spirits surrounds the person and gifts are given for the same reason. Also it is putting you before Jehovah, but what about Graduations and Anniversaries? What about Job? His family celebrated Birthdays,
    The first was Job 1:4, which says (in the King James Version) "And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and drink with them."
    Besides Jesus cleansed us of all sin, so if Birthdays are wrong it doesn’t matter, because we are saved through him. I’m not saying take advantage and go wild! But he that eats the meat has more faith then he who does not. (I can’t remember what Scripture that is) DO NOT JUDGE YOUR BROTHER (or Sister) FOR WHAT FEASTS HE DOES PARTAKE!!! (Can’t remember that one either)

Anyhow, I’m Vash; I’m 12 (almost 13). Glad you're here.

!!!!WELCOME!!!!

PartyJuggleJuggleAirborneAirborneAirborneAirborneJuggleJuggleParty
  • gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

birthday party gone wild:

alt

• greven
    greven

Hi afrothunder!

Your question is one of the many questions I started out with...many posters have given you reasons already. If you want I can send you my personal research into this matter. It is complete and comes with good refutation arguments. Drop me a mail if you are interested: [email protected]

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit