King of Swaziland blames the world's problems on women wearing pants

by seawolf 14 Replies latest social current

• seawolf
    seawolf

MBABANE (Reuters) - Swaziland's absolute monarch has singled out women wearing trousers as the cause of the world's ills in a state
    radio sermon that also condemned human rights as an "abomination before God".

"The Bible says curse be unto a woman who wears pants, and those who wear their husband's clothes. That is why the world is in such a
    state today," Mswati, ruler of the impoverished feudal nation of about one million, said late on Thursday.

The Times of Swaziland reported that the monarch, who reigns supreme in the landlocked country run by palace appointees and where
    opposition parties are banned, went on to criticise the human rights movement.

"What rights? God created people, and He gave them their roles in society. You cannot change what God has created. This is an
    abomination before God," the king told an audience of conservative church leaders.

Women on the streets of capital Mbabane were not impressed.

"The king says I am the cause of the world's problems because of my outfit. Never mind terrorism, government corruption, poverty and
    disease, it's me and my pants. I reject that," said Thob'sile Dlamini.
    Reuters http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/Swissinfo.html?siteSect=143&sid=3891442 No comments from me since the article speaks for itself.

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Swaziland's absolute monarch has singled out women wearing trousers as the cause of the world's ills in a state radio sermon that also condemned human rights as an "abomination before God".

I agree with the king, at least the good-looking ones should not be wearing anything. Bible tells us that only when they sinned, they had to be covered.

Let this country show a state of innocence.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    "What rights? God created people, and He gave them their roles in society
    That is why the world is in such a
    state today," Mswati, ruler of the impoverished feudal nation of about one million

Feudal, that's the key ..... The world has left them in the dust. I have no doubts that somewhere in his family's history they captured people and sold them into slavery. Nutty thinking like that has to be taught.... memo to self - "do not visit Swaziland...ever!"

• freedom96
    freedom96

The King of Swaziland is a complete moron.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    "The Bible says curse be unto a woman who wears pants, and those who wear their husband's clothes.

It says no such thing. Trousers were introduced into Europe and the Middle East by foreign tribal groups, such as the Scythians, long after that commandment was written. The King is "adding to scripture".

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Power, in all of it's forms, can transform many humans into a complete ARSE!!!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Women on the streets of capital Mbabane were not impressed.

"The king says I am the cause of the world's problems because of my outfit. Never mind terrorism, government corruption, poverty and
    disease, it's me and my pants. I reject that," said Thob'sile Dlamini.

I'm with her....

• shamus
    shamus

I knew this was what was wrong with the world!!!

It's clearer and clearer, ya know???

• Aztec
    Aztec
    "The Bible says curse be unto a woman who wears pants, and those who wear their husband's clothes. That is why the world is in such a
    state today,"

I wonder what scripture and verse that is...

I wonder also if the same applies because of men wearing womens clothes, or are all of the worlds problems strictly the result of us shedevils in *ahem* men's attire?

~Aztec

• Faraon
    Faraon
    I wonder also if the same applies because of men wearing womens clothes, or are all of the worlds problems strictly the result of us shedevils in *ahem* men's attire?

Don't rub it it. I wish I lived in Scotland, Japan or a Muslim country so that I would be able to wear cool clothes like dresses or skirts.

I salute the women who opened the option of wearing the variety of clothes they wear. I like pants to work and in winter, but I'd love to wear skirts in summer. Unfortunately I don't have the guts to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit