Fred Franz and high IQ

by petespal2002 47 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Amazing,

the executives of Enron were not stupid they were criminals.

Farkel,

Shut the fork up bout my spellin or lack thereof - horse face. Please e-mail, I want to send you my researchin kinda stuff - dip weed. I have sent this stuff to Amazing and AlanF, but have received no feedback from them. Kinda hurts my feelers, I mean feelings.

Also, send your favorite recipe to Lady Lee. (See her thread on cooking the books, I mean writing a cook book.)

• waiting
    waiting

I think it shows a lack of understanding on our part to be equating a person's intelligence with -

Emotional stability

Greed, Power & other emotions

scholarly writing

perceived scholarly behavior

Christian accomplishments

Business accomplishments

Personal Life accomplishments

Photographic memory

Dementia

Moral human emotions

Being a True Believer in a Cult

Seeing One's self as "Prophet Like"

All under the guise of "high IQ". If discussing FF (or anyone else, for that matter) - all of the above could be discussed as different parts of the human.......and few have anything to do with IQ.

Hasn't anyone ever met a highly accomplished surgeon (or another professional) who has absolutely no way to communicate with another human politely? Couldn't balance his checkbook? Cheated on his wife? Screwed his kids? Drinker/drugs? But could hold a person's heart in his hand, put it back in the bearer's body.......and save his patient's life?

Does he have high IQ? Most likely - in his area. Also, the ability to finitely maneuver a scaple - an awesome skill of control (which some mental professionals believe is a type of intelligence by itself.) Also, terribly lacking in many other areas. But he's still intelligent......in his area of expertise (and possibly in other areas too.)

As for business people? There CAN be an extreme difference between a founder - or worker - of a business versus the beneficiary of a business. Again....two different subjects.

waiting

• Alfred
    Alfred

In my opinion, anyone who is able to successfully manipulate millions of people using Bible text extrapolation quite possibly does have a high IQ (albeit evil-minded or delusional).

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Both in college and law school I learned more from my classmates and the social structure than the formal lectures. I was a poli sci major at Columbia, a school whose students and faculty are 99.99% liberal to left. Our poli sci prof said he despaired of our class discussions. He wanted to pay a conservative to add focus. His friend at Ohio State was searching for a single liberal. In const'l law at the present, both sides are attending and signing up for seminars in the opponent's organization. You need more input, different views, and challenge to hone your arguments or to change your viewpoint.

My mom told me never to hoot my own horn. I read in reference to John Kerrey blasting his war time record on ads. Most vets on his side interviewed said it was self boasting. The record should be highlighted by allies and the press.

I find Franz's education mediocre. Perhaps it would seem decent if I wasn't told he was the brightest person on earth. It is not extraordinary. Actual Rhodes scholars exist. Graduates of first rate seminaries in American and Europe are plentiful. I used to hang out with Union Theological Seminaries. People need stimulation from peers. Speaking personally, I love being around brighter people b/c I feel it keeps my skills higher. I literally cry when I must be with less educated people. Altho, I do learn things from them as well.

When a neutral and respected seminary publication cites Franz as one of the most respected scholars, I will believe. As mom said, self praise stinks. When I was a witness, college and some seminary sounded outstanding. His credentials aren't horrible but outstanding they are not. Any analysis of his thoughts, such as when Eve may have menstruated for the first time as one of the linchpins for the 1975 calculation, shows he was odd, to be nice. Most people depict Jesus as loving. He clung to a raging, destroying God. A high school drop out would have more sense.

• mP
    mP

sounds like a north korean leader story, where supposedly in his only round he scored nine or ten holes in one! i wonder if ff bested that!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

You can get a good idea of how intelligent a person is by their speech patterns, their speeches written and their writings. I would say from the things floating around the web that were either dictated by or written by Mr. Franz he's of average intelligence. Then again when we're comparing him to other JWs I have no doubt he must seem like a super-computer.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow a thread with hillary_step, AlanF, larc AND Farkel.

They don't make them like that any more.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Ivy League or Oxbridge grads would laugh at his credentials. Top students at state universities would find the assertion that he was brilliant comical. Ask any seminarian at a respected seminary. They will find him wanting. He was brighter than his peers at Bethel. It was his education. The results of his work speek for themselves. Yes, compared to the high school drop outs in my KH, he was brilliant. He was entwined with the Witnesses that he could not see clearly. I can't imagine he had any contact with professors or classmates. My law school roommate compete for a Rhodes. Many students compete. Few are chosen. She does not add "competed for a Rhodes scholarship" on her resume. It would only highlight the fact that she did not last to the end.

She told me it was an extraordinary process. The interview was grueling. The Rhodes people thought it was a big deal that she progressed so far. You brag about being a Rhodes Scholar when you have a legally binding commitment from them. Once you are in England, you brag about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit