CO visit...

by shamus 9 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

I was riding home tonite (on my mountain bike), and my route takes me by the kingdumb hall... where, at 9:30 on friday night, there were all kinds of witnesses out in the parking lot, yada yada yada. You know what that means - the c.o. was in town...

I felt kinda bad at first, b/c everyone looked so happy, but immediately snapped out of it and rememberd how badly they treat people... their happiness always seems more evident when the C.O. is in town. Hypocrites.

I am expecting a visit tomorrow from them, and have CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE handy to show them..... I want them to know that Raymond Franz was not even granted an appeal when DF'd by the society. I will be bringing up that point, and bringing up the point about sexual abuse, and how they covered it up. I will be telling them that I studied, and they harped on how other religions covered things up, and how dare they cover up their own transgressions. I will then tell them to get off my property, and that they should be ashamed of themselves, coming around when they hurt their own sheep.

Just kinda pissed right now... I sure hope that they come tomorrow!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I was riding home tonite (on my mountain bike)

Bet you're a non-smoker, too! LOL

I felt kinda bad at first, b/c everyone looked so happy, but immediately snapped out of it and rememberd how badly they treat people... their happiness always seems more evident when the C.O. is in town. Hypocrites.

They look happy because the contract requires it. You are now only answerable to yourself now, so your smiles, although probably less noticeable than those in a KH at a CO's visit, are actually worth more.

I am expecting a visit tomorrow from them, and have CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE handy to show them..... I want them to know that Raymond Franz was not even granted an appeal when DF'd by the society. I will be bringing up that point, and bringing up the point about sexual abuse, and how they covered it up. I will be telling them that I studied, and they harped on how other religions covered things up, and how dare they cover up their own transgressions. I will then tell them to get off my property, and that they should be ashamed of themselves, coming around when they hurt their own sheep.
    Are you able to cope with the consequences of this? If so, go for it!
  • Azalo
    Azalo

my guess is they will run for their lives as soon as you bust out that book, probably literally.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

CofC works like a cross or garlic on a vampire. Shamus, you could try holding a mirror up to them and see what happens.

• shamus
    shamus

LOL, big tex!

They are pretty pathetic.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Shamus, I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Hope to hell... if ... the JWs show up, you'll be able to get a few words in.

Big Tex is right, that C.of C. book, is like garlic to a vampire. Dunno if you'll make any headroom, but if you can handle it...oh man...I wish you well...I really do.

I'm going to get that book, not sure when, but I have 1 in my 'MUST READ' category right now. C. of C. will be my second.

All the best Shamus, hope you'll get them thinking.

If it gets insane, get back over here and let us know how it went or if you need any other ammunition for them.

Take care,
    Rayzorblade

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is hard to understand the mentality of a person who if they will actually sit down and debate the stuff we have found out, who would not be somewhat affected deep in their heart.

Talk about cold hearted.

• NubianIsMe
    NubianIsMe

I hope I'm not to late and he hasn't came and gone but ask him the following question for me - my mom's CO was suddenly running late and had to go.................

Jesus told the apostles to keep partaking of the bread and wine. Everyone partook except Judas. There is another reference in scripture to a "GROUP' partaking - everyone partook. Where is the Bible are there observers of others taking of the bread and wine. 144K.isn't relative, that's another subject. Where is anyone told, or just got dressed, to go and watch the passing of the bread and wine? The way I read scripture they either partook or stayed home.If Jesus said do it and you don't are you disobident? Is saying the "Society" told me not to partake good enough for the day we stand before the Lord since Jesus said do it? No, 144K talk now........

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Where is anyone told, or just got dressed, to go and watch the passing of the bread and wine? The way I read scripture they either partook or stayed home.If Jesus said do it and you don't are you disobident? Is saying the "Society" told me not to partake good enough for the day we stand before the Lord since Jesus said do it? No, 144K talk now........**

Hello and welcome NubianIsMe;

I'm a tough old bird, and read a whole lot of junk about WTS teachings in 34 years, but I don't believe I've ever seen your point about this, put quite this way ever before! Very interesting! (Either they partook or they stayed home)

I don't have any wise biblical comentary for you, but I just wanted to tell ya I enjoyed your post!

Hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Shamus,

I wanted to comment on your "C of C" idea, and side with the others who posted how ANY JW will react when they see it! The garlic and cross/vampire reaction is true.

One of my sons (never baptized) a couple of years ago had borrowed this book and it was on his coffee table during the time he was reading it. He saw my Regular-Pioneer-Elderette daughter drive into the yard and about broke a leg trying to hide the thing and get to the door before she strolled in! LOL! He told me he it ws too fat to fit under the couch so he tossed it on top of a table and flung a shirt over it....hoping she wouldn't start "tidying up" for her bachelor brother!

He said he felt like it was glowing in neon the whole time she was there....and he also told me that in HER congregation, that anyone posessing this book would automatically be seen as "baaaaaad association" and chopped off the visiting list....and he didn't want that! He was serious....so it must be that the Witchtower is equally serious in avoiding those who read it.

Hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit