William Osbeck-The CO that helped me get out of the borg.

by Sadie5 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Shepherd:

"The same goes for applauding those pioneering at the beginning of the month"

I also stopped applauding for that for this reason: Eccl 5:4-6; 7:8a

And any asked for applause at the end of the month: Luke 17:10

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Did this CO Bill Osbeck originate from Sacramento, California? Did he at one time work as a teacher?

If so, he caused a LOT of problems in our family. My dad had not yet converted, but my mother had. My half-brother (same mom, different dads), was about 15 years-old at the time, and he became a JW at the same time as my mom.

Osbeck fed him this line that HE was the spiritual head of the household, so he started trying to tell my mom what to do and challenging my dad. Of course, Osbeck only fed the normal rebellious emotions he was feeling at the time.

...anyone know if this is the same guy?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I'm not sure where he came from but he was a teacher and he was our co in texas and I think he was headed for florida. I could descibe him as a lean and pale man.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

insensitivity and unmercifulness permeates the organization at all levels.

One just needs to look at the ones who spend their entire lives preaching as pioneers and publishers. Throughout their lives their generate thousands of dollars for the Org and in return once they get old and frail they are discarded as useless individuals.

In all these years the Watchtower hasn't develped an assistance program for the ones who give their full time to preaching and end up having no sustainable income later in life.

Aside from the occasional help from the brothers under their own initiative, they have to resort to the evil "wordly" charity organizations or perhaps their "wordly" family for help, since not even a penny is released from the publishing company.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow, quite a story, and one I can at least partially identify with, being a relatively new dad and all. Glad everyone's hanging in there.

I can also relate to what seems to be a recurring pattern: the cold-hearted demeanor of the elders and overseers in the congregations seems to contribute to an extraordinary amount of disgust with the organization and causes people to start wondering if indeed it is 'the truth' after all. I felt that same chilly wind blow over me in my own life, though not with anything nearly so serious happening at the time.

The organization takes men and turns them into machines. And how many more must be ground beneath its wheels, I wonder?

--sd-7

• tresdecu
  • JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Wow, so much we can identify with. I also had severe sickness through my entire pregnancy. I had it for 4 of them, in fact. And nobody helped. Ever. (That sickness, by the way, is called hyperemesis gravidarum. Check out helpher.org for more info.)

When my husband's mom died, nobody made us meals except one person who brought us one from a fast food place. I was ordered to keep my feet up during my first pregnancy and then a brother who is now a CO told me I could do that at the KH. Our oldest has autism, like me (asperger's syndrome), and we were told it was bad parenting that made him act the way he did, he needed more discipline, he needed to be pinched. I had a mental breakdown in 2010 and was told to TRY and go to the meetings, even though I had figured out that the meetings were a HUGE source of my anxiety and the breakdown. (How can anyone manage to live their lives constantly being told they suck and they amount to nothing without some kind of medication, heavy therapy, and/or a breakdown?!)

All of that was just an added reason for us to be done with it all.

Hugs, girl!! You did the right thing by putting family first. And YAY on being free!!!

• VM44
    VM44

"Did this CO Bill Osbeck originate from Sacramento, California? Did he at one time work as a teacher?"

Could this be the person?

OSBECK, WILLIAM OSCAR (Age 77)

Possible Employment / Business Associations:
    WILLIAM O OSBECK EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, INC

City, State
    DENTON, TX
    MIAMI, FL
    CROSSROADS, TX
    RICHARDSON, TX
    TULSA, OK
    SPRINGFIELD, MO
    SACRAMENTO, CAWALNUT CREEK, CA

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

descibe him as a lean and pale man

The age is right and the physical description matches. Thanks VMR44 and ND. He was an arrogant asshole who constantly gave talks with desparaging comments about women and how emotional they are (supposedly) during their menstrual cycle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit