Happiness, Tranquillity, and Cassiline

by nilfun 22 Replies latest jw friends

• nilfun
    nilfun

Dear Cass,

The books you sent (Happiness and Tranquillity) were a lovely surprise!
    I thank you for them, from the bottom of my heart.

Your gift came at just the right moment, you just don't know.

You are such a giving spirit, and in spite of your own pains, you haven't stopped giving.
    In the face of hardship, you continue sharing your beauty with the world.

A kind word, a caring gesture...sometimes that is all it takes to
    give a person the strength to keep on going.

I woke up with the sun today, and I'm so glad that I did, for look
    what it (and Cass) has brought me! Who knows what wonders await me tommorrow?

Again, thank you so much for sending this wonderful gift to me. Honestly, I
    don't think I can thank you enough for what you've done. ((((((Cassiline))))))

A tearful nilfun.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Cassiline is sweet! She's often concerned about people's feelings, she could teach others a thing or two.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    she could teach others a thing or two.

Yes, especially people like me. When I am going through a difficult time, I tend to cocoon and keep myself isolated. My heart may be bleeding right alongside yours, but oftentimes it is hard for me to reach out and let you know...you know?

I hope to grow to be as giving of myself as she. I'm working on it...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    When I am going through a difficult time, I tend to cocoon and keep myself isolated.

We all do nilfun. It's human nature to withdraw when we are hurting. But it's to your credit that you peek out of the cocoon and seek out the light and life of this world. You have a strong desire to heal, and so eventually you will get to where you want to be.

Reaching out is a way to combat the shame. Shame is there to keep you isolated and quiet and to let no one in.

Thank you for opening up, just a little, and starting this thread. That took guts. Good for you.

• nilfun
    nilfun

You should change your nick from Big Tex to Big Heart.

((((BT))))

Reaching out is a way to combat the shame. Shame is there to keep you isolated and quiet and to let no one in

There are so many here that help me forget to feel ashamed, even if only for a little while. When I opened up Cassie's package, I just held onto the books so tightly, I can't rightly explain how good it felt to get them and her letter....

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Then it's a gift, in more ways than one.

And in the end the love we take is equal to the love we make -- the Beatles, Abbey Road

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((((( Nilfun )))))

You are too kind. I think that we tend not to see ourselves as others do. I do believe we all tend to ball up and put on our protective “gear” at times throughout our lives, to do so assures our survival.

• Cassiline
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline

You are too kind. I think that we tend not to see ourselves as others do. I do believe we all tend to ball up and put on our protective “gear” at times throughout our lives, to do so assures our survival.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Simon PLEASE help!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit