dozens of copies of CoC

by Xanthippe 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

There are dozens of copies of Crisis of Conscience on this site abebooks.co.uk,  second hand from £4. 

They are shipped from the US but although there is a US version of this site I can't find it on the search function no matter what I put in.

Anyway for my fellow Brits cheap copies here: - 

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=Raymond+franz&sts=t&tn=Crisis+of+conscience

• Village Idiot
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For anyone lurking or still sitting on the fence, it is a MUST-READ.

Personally, I refused to read it for a long time because it was written by "an apostate" former GB member. (The brainwashing takes a long time to clean out.)

I'd have liked to have known Ray Franz.

Doc

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

DesirousOfChange: "I'd have liked to have known Ray Franz."

I only spoke to him once on the phone briefly but I can tell you he was a very meek man, not the raving lunatic which is the Watchtower's archetype of an apostate.

• Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten
    I just ordered it on Amazon.  Look around the site though...some were going for several hundred dollars.  I paid about $10 with shipping for a used copy.
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Download for free here 16 languages

https://www.facebook.com/escapethecult

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Love that picture Watchtowerfree. Yes just to reiterate what Doc says if you are lurking and you haven't read it yet please do. If you have been told Ray Franz was a GBmember who left and then wrote an apostate book that got him disfellowshipped that is not true .

He was disfellowshipped ostensibly for eating a meal with a close friend who was disassociated. The real reason being he had been on the research committee for a book called Aid to Bible Understanding and he realised the 'seven times' prophecy taking us from 607BCE to 1914 was wrong. Obviosly he couldn't keep quiet about that, being an honest man, so they got rid of him. It was later he wrote this book. Do read It.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Personally, I would be careful about buying books or anything else from an unknown source.

We know some in the congregation are very wary about buying items from yard sales or other places that the owner may have been involved with the occult and to bring those items into the house.

I would prefer to be safe and buy the books directly from the publisher.

Rub a Dub  

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

RubaDub are you being naughty? You are very cheeky sometimes. I found this book selling site and recently new posters have said they have had problems finding Crisis of Conscience and when they do it is very expensive.

You are not serious about Demunz are you, surely? Just messing with me, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit