Is there a woman who has never ...

by Brummie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• manon
    manon

I'm not a believer of deprivation people should be able to enjoy the foods that appeal to them as long as they produce no health risks, moderation is key so is mobility.

And as for little girls being mean spirited towards other girls mothers need to teach their daughters the lesson: focus on bettering yourself first.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

It is never a diet for me it is a "Change of Life". Therefore I never been on a diet but I have "Changed my Life" many times.

• santacruzchick
    santacruzchick

Brummie, I LOVE your cat pic

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a woman friend, my age, that I've known since we were teenagers. She is about 6 feet tall and very thin.............but not too thin. She has never dieted and knows she is lucky. We go out to eat with them occasionally (she and her husband are JW's, but still call us for evenings out.............very liberal thinkers) and she can eat anything, and stay thin.

They never had children though..............maybe that makes a difference too.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I've never been on a diet, but I am picky about what I eat. I never weigh myself either. I read somewhere that women who own a scale and weigh themselves alot are more likely to be overweight,or gain wait then women who don't own a scale and rareley weigh themselves.

• Princess
    Princess

I don't diet but am a bit of a fanatic about exercise. Everyone should exercise and there isn't any excuse not too (ok, I know someone is going to have an excuse anyway, whatever). My gym is located in an area with a LOT of senior citizens. It is truly the only place I've been (except maybe Costco) that all the handicapped parking spaces are full every morning. There is a blind man that takes a cab and has a trainer helping through his workout. There is an old woman who can barely walk (but drives and that freaks me out) that also works with a trainer at an amazingly slow pace. At 10am on any weekday the treadmills are mostly occupied by very old people walking at a snail's pace. I think it is terrific. There are usually at least one or two people dragging around oxygen tanks. The place is a riot.

I find exercising toward a goal is a great motivator. I don't mean a weight goal but an event goal. For the past several months I have been training to run a marathon this Sunday. Unfortunately I got injured and wasn't able to get up and running again in time. I switched gears and bought a bike (no pun intended) and am now training for a two day, two hundred mile bike ride in July. If I don't ride and exercise, I won't be able to ride the Seattle to Portland bicycle classic. I have to do it and it is a great motivator along with great results in my fitness level.

There are so many great events to train for. I go for the more extreme but I got started small. The Race for the Cure is in every major city during the year. What a great thing to train for, you can either walk or run 5K (3.1 miles) and raise money (or not) for an excellent cause. Plus you always get a t-shirt.

It's fun, grab a friend, commit to an event and start training. You won't regret it!

Go to www.active.com and type in your city and event preference, it will pull up all the events in your area and you can register online. Just do it.

Rachel

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    Go to www.active.com and type in your city and event preference, it will pull up all the events in your area and you can register online. Just do it.

What a great site! Thanks for the link.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Blondie,

I had a roommate who had never been on a diet. Ate all she wanted and never gained an ounce. We "hated" her.

So, did you hate her with a "Godly" hate, meaning you loved her less? LOL

I'll take a size 16 who is comfortable with herself over a size two who is dying to be a size one any day.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    There is an old woman who can barely walk (but drives and that freaks me out) that also works with a trainer at an amazingly slow pace. At 10am on any weekday the treadmills are mostly occupied by very old people walking at a snail's pace. There are usually at least one or two people dragging around oxygen tanks. The place is a riot.

There is hope for me yet................but I am still recovering from 4 days of Duncan. Believe me, I had a workout every day from that 2 year old.

• blondie
    blondie
    did you hate her with a "Godly" hate

Just joking, Dan. We just wished we had her genes in that area.

We figured she had the "perfect" weight gene that Eve had had in the beginning, being able to eat all she wanted and not to gain an ounce.

From watching her eat (and observing that she was an active person), the key to weight loss and keeping it off is consistent, daily exercise, even 15 to 20 minutes is all it takes.

I'm such a couch potato.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit