What do you consider middle aged?

by IronGland 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    JH, no, im no where close to 91. I wmessed up when setting my age and now I get an error whenever I attempt to change it. Im 30.

Irongland,

Often you have to do 2 changes for it to operate well.

If I do only 1 change, it often doesn't work, but when I do more than 1 operation both go.

Try this: Go into profile, Fix your birth date correctly, and at the same time upload the same picture from your C drive. It should work ok and the correct age should be shown.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Women in my family live well into their 90's I am 50. My mother is 78. My grandmother is 93 and still going. Her mother lived until 98. My other grandmother died when she was 98.

So 50 is about it for me

So where are all the benefits HUH?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gwydion, welcome!

I am closing in on 30 and I do not feel a difference coming on

LOL, the horses are just beginning to come around the bend! You'll cruise through your 30s pretty much unscathed, a good distance between you and the "equines of time." The 40s, you sometimes lag back a bit and feel their hot breath on your shoulder, but second-wind kicks in and you're off and running again. 50s (I'm 51 last month) and you begin to wonder "Hey, maybe I can negotiate some kind of truce here?"

Craig

• little witch
    little witch

ANYONE YOUNGER THAN MYSELF!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Well, let's see...

I'm 51, so that would make middle age about 60 or 65, right?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Neon, face it dude, you and I are just crusty old farts that can barely even remember what "middle-aged" means.

Craig

• Francois
    Francois

Bend? What bend? I didn't see any bend!

Actually, I felt like I was about 35 until I fell out of the tree 25 feet. In an instant, a mere blink of the eye, I had aged all the way up to 80. In the last four years since the accident, I have gradually gotten younger. Now I feel like I'm, Oh, I guess somewhere around 50. Which is still younger than I really am.

I also have the problem someone else described; there are longevity genes on both sides of my family. People in my family live well into their 90s going back as many generations as I could find. When someone dies in their 80s the family talks about how young they were to be dying.

Middle age? I think it starts about 65 and in fact, the older I get, the further away the end of middle age is. Strange how that works.

francois

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

What do I consider "middle age"?

Something that happens to other people. I am the same today as I was at seven years of age.

It's true!

IW

• onacruse
    onacruse

Francois, look down. See that "bend" between your rib cage and belt-line?

Yeah, I can guess what you're gonna say next: "I've got 6-pack abs." LOL

You're right, though. We're only as "old" as we think we are. And my folks are both in their 80s, still going strong. That gives me at least another 30 years to post here. What title does one get here when they have (365x20x30)...219,000 posts?

roflmao

Craig

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Actually, I felt like I was about 35 until I fell out of the tree 25 feet. In an instant, a mere blink of the eye, I had aged all the way up to 80. In the last four years since the accident, I have gradually gotten younger. Now I feel like I'm, Oh, I guess somewhere around 50. Which is still younger than I really am.

Pass the bong this way please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit