They really have no shame

by expatbrit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

expat:

What I found jawdropping were the assertions on "independent rational thinking and decision making", and "tolerant attitudes and conduct". No matter how high the level of education of a person, or the source of that education, if that person is a believing Jehovah's Witness then such claims are outrageous!

And hopefully the psycho-linguist will corroborate that fact so clearly that the judge will uphold those ethical limitations against the WTS. JWs are so hypnotized by the expert WTS usage of "language as a social control" that even a mediocre linguist couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the evidence, reading even just one chapter of any WTS pub. It ain't got nuthin to do with brains, or education...it's psychological ambushing, at its best.

Craig

• Carmel
    Carmel

Having visited Russia and dealing with folks that frequent Eastern Russia, I would say that the average Russian has a much higher education than any other third world country I know of. To claim that Russian witnesses are "on average better educated" causes me to be highly skeptical of the good professor. Sounds like a spin zone to me.

carmel

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Lots of good points here!

I've never been to Russia, but many different conclusions could be made from the generalized statement.

1. JWs in russia have a higher literacy rate than the national average.

2. JWs in Russia could have a higher "higher education" rate than the national average.

3. JWs could claim to be smarter than the average because of their "Special knowledge" that supercedes all other forms of knowledge.

If they are more educated, look at what they are educated in. Is it in the sciences? Is it in ancient history? How about anthropology? Its doubtful that they are well educated in these spheres of influence.

But it is possible, because of the ban until recent years. More educated people are joining, raising the numbers of educated people in the borg. But over time, it will even out like in the rest of the country. Their lack of willpower to get a higher education will overcome the religion and things will be like they are over here, only 5% of the people getting a higher education (and I don't mean Air Conditioning Repair school)

• Grunt
    Grunt

I would think that if anyone could see through this cult it would be the Russians. Reading the WT propaganda and finding and investigating the heavy handed methods employed by the "Governing Body" should bring it all home. I sure hope so. What they need to do is talk to US!!!! We could quickly enlighten them as to how tolerant the Party, I mean Society is. Wouldn't it be sad to live through one repressive group only to join another? Here's hoping they boot them out. Maybe the lies told in the Bulgarian agreement will be pointed out, or the subterfuge with the French in regards to paying the taxes, or perhaps they might want to avoid encouraging yet another fundamentalist group that sees them as part of Satan's world. The Russians have been through enough, I hope they dodge this bullet. Grunt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit