I did it

by La Capra 8 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

I finished my first year of law school last month. Grades arrived at the end of last week, which was when I found out I am first in my class. I was not trying for it or expecting it, so to say I was surprised is an understatement. I can't help feeling this is a bittersweet victory. If I were "still in" and doing this, my achievement would be turned into a sin, and held out as a bad example and proof of something unchristian (take your pick of what), like whenever I did well at something in high school (I was actually counseled for being selected for honor band). Dang I am glad I am out and living well. I love law school. The chief public defender for the county has called and left me a message. I wonder what he wants....(probably to tutor his kid in math, huh?) Shoshana

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

WooHoo CONGRATULATIONS

• Nikita
    Nikita

Great job! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Nikita

• shamus
    shamus

Good for you!!! To be in that grade level in Law school is outstanding! Keep up the good work!

If you ever get down, think about those frigging elders who told you how naughty you were for being so smart, become the best damned lawyer that you can be, and get them to clean your windows for you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Congrats!

• La Capra
    La Capra

Oooh, yes, I want then to clean my windows. I bet I can find some poor pioneer sister to clean my house, and their Bethel-Bound boy to do my yard. I like it a lot. Thanks for the idea. Shoshana (PS, I love the name Shamus, it is underused in the U.S.)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I found out I am first in my class.

Wow! That is fantastic. You should feel very proud. Do you know what area of law you want to practice?

Kick back this summer. You've earned a good vacation.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

RIGHT ON!

Way to go, and yes...congratulations!!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit