Have you ever had a "part" in an assembly?

by doodle-v 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I was up there telling everyone how loyal I was to Jehovah by refusing a BLOOD TRANSFUSION,and came away better for it! It was a circuit ass'y.Don't ask me to do that again.I'm sorry if anybody followed that example and suffered because of it.

Blueblades

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Once, when I was a young-'un, they used several of us with alleged musical talent on a circuit assembly (at the Natick, MA JWAH) to show how much fun JW kids could have without getting into trouble by having theocratic (TM) get-togethers (TM). I played guitar, a girl played accordion, a couple of other kids played other instruments and we all sang "Worship Jehovah in Youth" on the stage. What fun. I'm sure we inspired countless JW kids to have dull, boring get-togethers (TM), singing kingdom songs and playing Bible games, instead of normal teenage parties where someone might actually have some fun.

When my daughter was growing up some years later, we let her have parties. There was popular music and dancing, plenty of food, no booze or dope, no violence, everyone had fun and no one got into trouble. Never caught anyone sneaking off to fornicate, either. Amazing that kids can have good, clean fun without turning the gathering into a mini-meeting, isn't it?

• minimus
    minimus

From the time I was about 10 to the age of 18. I was in every circuit assembly program. I was in a few DC parts, too, including dramas. After I became an elder I was on a cycle of usually 2 or 3 circuit parts per CO.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

No parts at an assembly. However, I enjoyed the part I had in exiting the convention center when it was finally over.

• blondie
    blondie
    Once, when I was a young-'un, they used several of us with alleged musical talent on a circuit assembly (at the Natick, MA JWAH) to show how much fun JW kids could have without getting into trouble by having theocratic (TM) get-togethers (TM). I played guitar, a girl played accordion, a couple of other kids played other instruments and we all sang "Worship Jehovah in Youth" on the stage. What fun. I'm sure we inspired countless JW kids to have dull, boring get-togethers (TM), singing kingdom songs and playing Bible games, instead of normal teenage parties where someone might actually have some fun.

NeonMadman, I was in that part too (in another state). All but 1 person is either DF'd, DA'd or inactive.

Blondie

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

No parts at an assembly. However, I enjoyed the part I had in exiting the convention center when it was finally over

LOL

I was waiting for someone to say that

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    I was thinking about one particular time when my family had a "part" in the assembly. It was the circuit assembly, and we had a part in a "demonstration" I was 13 yrs old at the time, so i dont exactly remember what the talk was about. It had to do with paying attention at the meeting or something along those lines. They had four rows of chairs on the podium and there were several other brothers and sisters, sitting there pretending that we were at a "meeting" we were to play the "good" family so we sat there and paid rapt attention. the other brothers and sisters that had a part would all play their roles as "bad" jw's pretending to talk, chew gum, sleep while the brother who gave the talk would comment- see what they are doing? what kind of example are they setting for interested ones that might be in attendance?

OMG!!! My family was in that part! :) My sister was too young at the time, and my brother wasn't even born yet. My dad was an "attendant" in the back of the "hall," my mum had to pretend to be married to some other guy and she was supposed to be totally oblivious of the fact that I was writing on the back of the chair in front of me. :) That was my first assembly part.

I had another, giving my experiences in school, that I had to give at 3 circuit assemblies. The district overseer decided about 15 minutes before I was to give it the first time that it didn't fit in with his idea of what experiences should be given, and that I should think of something else to say. Luckily, I had some other experience to tell, coz I wasn't the sort to get up there and make some BS up. Nothing like short notice to play on my nerves.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I was in that demonstration too! Except I WAS one of the bad ones. funny how things turn out... We had to sit in the back row in our jeans and I had to keep getting up to go to the toilet. I can remember how boring it was (I was 12 at the time), and we had to go to 2 assemblies, and loads of practice sessions. The looks on peoples faces when I was walking round the sessions in jeans was good though.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    i dont exactly remember what the talk was about. It had to do with paying attention at the meeting or something along those lines

Did anyone else notice the irony of not remembering what the talk was about when it had to do with paying attention??

• Gadget
    Gadget

Yeah, but how many of any of the parts in the assembly do you remember afterwards?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit