Cart Witnessing along with dramas on the big screen?

by Tahoe 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

https://youtu.be/f40uKvGjSQw

Is it the first of April already?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Being a Witness used to require some actual knowledge and personal skill in talking people. Now you just need to be able to set up a cart and a video screen then stand next to it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Once people realize who is behind it ? WALK ON BY .

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Makes you wonder if they play it on the weekend and sell popcorn. I wonder if the WT will think it's a good idea (hey but wait, they didn't think of it) or put out a memo - No thinking outside the box we put you in.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I can just hear the local merchants yelling..."turn that damn volume down'!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Was this posted in jokes and humour ? It can`t be for real surely Shirley. ?

C`mon , really ?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I don't think "reasoning from the scriptures" is encouraged any more. There's too many holes in their reasons. The GB do however have to keep those already enslaved busy and away from the internet lest they decide to research...well... anything really, because we all know what happens when you start down the rabbit hole.

I can see how the r &f might be impressed by a big screen.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I wonder how much the fleeced sheep in the local congregations were persuaded to hand over for these recruitment screens.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Being a Witness used to require some actual knowledge and personal skill in talking people. Now you just need to be able to set up a cart and a video screen then stand next to it.

I was a child in the 80s and a teenager in the 90s. When I was a kid, you were expected to know prophecy and at least attempt to understand "deep spiritual matters." There was still a palpable excitement around the Cold War and how it would result in the Great Tribulation.

In the 90s, especially after the generation change in '95, Witnesses who were well versed in JW doctrine and prophetic speculation were seen as curiosities. It was no longer a requirement, but an interesting throwback to an earlier era.

I became inactive in 2005 and by that point curiosity about doctrine and prophecy was frowned upon. Witnesses would at best think you were wasting your time and at worst think you harbored secret apostate tendencies. Public talks were shortened so that brothers wouldn't throw in their own thoughts. Instructions were given discouraging brothers from studying together and using publications other than those specifically referenced in the WT study articles.

From the looks of it, the trend away from any non-sanctioned thoughts has continued in the form of televised talks and cart witnessing. How embarrassing.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Go therefore and set up carts in my name, showing animated videos to the public and then the end will come. - Not Jesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit