Do Any JW's Believe The End Will Come In Their Lifetime???

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I heard a mid 20's couple say that they are not having kids because they don't want to bring them up in this world. The real truth is that the wife would LOVE to have kids now but her husband doesn't even consider children in his life. (At least they sound theocratic).

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I believe that alot of people; young and old are starting to doubt all the Armegeddon nonsense. I think the further we move away from 1914 the more people we start to see the truth about the "truth".

Brian'

• minimus
    minimus

There was a brief scare for some on 9--11. But that's gone. True believers, "devout" JW"s are now Venus and Serena.

• DJ
    DJ

One of my sisters is sure that it is very close. She seems terrified. The rest of my family doesn't say but I don't think they are acting like they believe that. They are redecorating their houses and one is having a new house built... I feel sorry actually for my scared sister. She is the most hard core dub and she's pretty mean too.. I think she is stressed from all of the pressure.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I'd have to say yes. Definately. Whether I'm gonna be there long enough to see it through the otherside is another thing, thats becoming more doubtful as this system goes on.

• proplog2
    proplog2
    There was a brief scare for some on 9--11. But that's gone.

So, Minimus, what will your reaction be some morning when the TODAY show suddenly stops in the middle of Al Roker's weather report and your local NBC affiliate informs you that they lost the feed from NYC. The next thing you hear is the repeated announcement from the emergency broadcast system that there has been a catastrophic act of terrorism on America. Please stay tuned for further information. The President will speak shortly....

Fellow Americans. I am speaking to you from Air Force One. As of 10:00 am Eastern Daylight Standard time a nuclear deivice was exploded destroying lower Manhattan. The epicenter has not been determined but the initial estimate is that the main blast area was 1 mile in diameter in the vicinity of the old WTC. It is not known yet who is responsible or how the weapon was delivered. Technicians are studying samples to see what kind of Nuclear material was used in order to determine who may have been involved in this horrible attack. You are viewing me through our emergency broadcast system. As of 10:30 EDT marshall law has been declared. This will be in effect until we can determine the scope of this attack. Please stay tuned for further instructions. Your local Civil Defense authorities will advise people in their jurisdictions about orderly evacuation of work places & schools. Grocery stores and Gas Stations will be closed immediately to avoid panic. Be courageous. God will carry us through this. Until we talk again - God Bless America.

TEST PATTERN...TEST PATTERN...TEST PATTERN...TESTPATTERN...TESTPATTE

Would that be significant? Or would that just be another "scare".

• minimus
    minimus

If you're asking me whether or not this scenario would be significant to me, personally, the answer is yes and no. First, no, from the view that it would not make me feel that this must be the end coming and I better believe in what JW's teach or else. Yes, from the view that any sort of holocaust would be significant to me because of the loss of life and the concern for mankind's future. And YOUR point is???

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus:

So that would be just another scare basically.

What if JW's interpreted such an event as the disgusting thing standing where it shouldn't and proceeded to arrange for American Witnesses to "get out of her" Babylon/Jerusalem. You would stay in the USA? You would absolutely stay?

Well, that is what is going to happen!

• onacruse
    onacruse

proplog, do you have any idea how much damage eschatology is doing to you? As a matter of one caring human being to another, knowing how much you enjoy exploring "prophecy," I implore you: Refocus, my friend...refocus. A happy life is to be found else-where than you now travel.

Craig

• SYN
    SYN

Proplog, as you noted, the human race is more than capable of exterminating itself. We're terribly good at that sort of thing. Who needs God to pour fire and sulphur on us when we know how to creat nuclear weapons?

God will have nothing to do with it, when it happens, even though it will have been done in his name.

[SYN], Cheerful Doomsayer Class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit