What We Truly Deserve Is...Death, Really WT?

by JW_Rogue 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I have seen this statement or similar ones popping up in the study edition of the WT lately. Whenever they talk about undeserved kindness or Jesus ransom they add this little gem to get the point across. This is sick, why do they feel the need to tear down people's self esteem? Aren't they worried about how someone who is depressed may take this?

• snowbird
    snowbird

We may deserve death, but receive grace.

WT will never get it.

Leave those blind guides be.

Sylvia

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Sorry, but I don't buy that either. We came into this world free of sin and we will leave it the same way. Sin is a concept of control and the idea of original sin is even worse. The way WT presents it is to intentionally cut down people's self esteem, to humble them so they can easily be controlled. They will think they are letting God control them when in reality it's just another man made organization.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is a lot of illogical reasoning in relgoius biblical theology.

Like when Adam and Eve were deemed to die for eating off the tree of knowledge of good and evil, when how could they have known what was evil prior to eating from the tree ???

Christopher Hitchens has some thoughts about human sacrifice for the sake of personal redemption of sins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA55jGyq2C8

• blondie
    blondie

Rogue, that is how they get new people to commit to being jws and how they keep them in. Someone must on here must know what that technique is called.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JW_ROGUE:

They just want to get members who won't leave. So, they use guilt to keep them there. Guilt that you're "not good enough" and guilt that you are somehow responsible for other people being "saved". And who was supposedly responsible for ME being saved?

The whole religion is an absurd guilt trip designed to keep people on a hamster wheel, in my opinion. I was much healthier emotionally when I got out of there.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, the very notion that ancestors thousands of years back are responsible for me now, just flys in the face of logic.

WHY should I be punished or judged for something I did not do?

Why would you smack your child in the morning when he awakes, in anticipation of the bad things he might do throughout the day??

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Jehovah knew 7000 years ago that when I came into this world I would be a Apostate even though I have free will. Make sense??? Just a lot of BS in that book.....

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

How could a truly loving God punish you for someone else's crime? If men can accept innocent till proven guilty, does that make God less just than man?

• Half banana
    Half banana

The leaders of the Watchtower cult have elevated themselves to immortal life alongside Jesus and Big J (at least they imagine they have!) while at the same time they beat the followers into pathetic dependency on their every word. They load on the guilt as a motivator.

Destroy a person's self esteem and they will be easily manipulated. If an 'authority' claims to be from God, the person with low self worth will more easily be taken in by it.

Where is the sense in choosing to become a "good-for-nothing slave"?

Isn't the answer: only if you already have low self esteem.

It will confirm your identity as inadequate and try and make a virtue of it. Like the masochist you are you give your life to "The Organisation"!

But everyone who does never achieves or receives anything in return and dies disappointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit