Adopting Resolutions

by Sunspot 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Between 1970-1999, I remember different "Resolutions" being read and adopted (by applause) at the Distict Conventions.

I can't remember ANY of them or even what they were about, or anything about them.

Does anyone know anything about these resolutions, or if the WTS still reads these at the Conventions any more?

If anyone has these, could they post them please?

Hugs,

Annie

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Dragging this up from the archive.

Does anyone have a complete list of these resolutions?

I remember one from 1988 when the Revelation book came out. Even when I was in, I always felt they were self serving aggrandising nonsense.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Always some crap about resolving to always serve Jehovah and never trust man made governments.

It made for nice reading in the WT to say all "8 million in attendance worldwide were united as one as they said 'aye' in a loud, clear voice".

Now we get "all 8 million in attendance wept at the heart stirring fictional video presented as fact about living in a bunker during the big A before doing a Mexican wave then retiring to the concourse to share JW.org merch and have their pictures taken with banners saying 'see you in paradise'".

• zeb
    zeb

"they were self serving aggrandising nonsense."

You got it in one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit