Pretend to honour principles, but make laws instead!

by doubtfull1799 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

This from the latest Watchtower Question from Readers:

"How a Christian chooses to protect him- self, his family, or his possessions is, of course, largely a personal matter, as is his choice of employment. That said, Bible principles reflect God’s wisdom and his love for us. Out of regard for those principles, spiritually mature Christians choose not to keep a firearm for protection against other humans. They know that true and lasting secu- rity comes to those who demonstrate trust in God by living in harmony with Bible principles."

The whole article is basically a discussion of principles, but do they leave it to the brothers to make their own decision based on those principles? NO, they proceed to make a LAW: Christians choose not to keep firearms.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Also, judiciary committees are given a long detailed list of what a person can be disfellowshipped for, and what they can be reproved for, effectively creating their own law book. A book which rank and file Witnesses aren't allowed to read even upon request.

So they have essentially done the same thing Jesus faulted the Pharisees for doing. They have taken it upon themselves to take simple principles and rigorously define what behavior does and does not conform to those principles, and then they've gone even further outside their rights and started disciplining their fellow Christians for not living up to their defined standards for what it means to live by those principles.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Absolutely agree Saethydd. Very Pharisaical.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Talk about another Tulmud!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    "...spiritually mature Christians choose not to keep a firearm for protection against other humans..."

How to have fun when translating Watchtowerspeak:

"spiritually mature Christians" - the seven members of the governing body of jehovah's witnesses believe that they alone are the most 'spiritually mature Christians' among the 2.2 billion Christians alive today.

"a firearm" - note the phrase 'firearm' is in the singular and not plural as in 'firearms' but, by contrast, the word 'Christians' is in the plural and not singular thereby denoting it applies to a minimum of "two or more" individuals who are "spiritually mature."

Therefore, as long as Geoffrey Jackson has at least "two or more" firearms "for protection against humans," including "mentally diseased human apostates," then no scriptural principles have been violated. The same applies to the collective governing body.

Evidently, one Christian one firearm is a sin.

After all, this is how the GB translate and interprete the bible.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They teach commands of men as doctrines......(now where did we read that now? Some famous guy once said it I think...)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Their at that bullshit again. I remember when I was a teanager this was all the rage being preached back then too. It was the line of thinking of putting your trust in Jehovah and he will protect you. Well in the next hall over a brother and sister had her sister over and she the girl spent the night on the couch. She was in her late teens or early twenties. Well that night a man broke into the house and beat the girl almost to death. The brother sleeping near by woke up and chased the guy down the street for awhile but since he was naked and not catching up to him he stopped and went back home not realizing how bad the girl was.

I think she survived but had brain damage etc.... so much for putting your trust in Jehovah to protect you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ doubtfull1799...

Pshhh.

The Biblical Pharisees could be schooled by the WT GB.

• NikL
    NikL

That's new to me.

I know many JWs around here that own guns.

Are they now going to crack down on that I wonder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit