How many here are Pagan?

by WildHorses 23 Replies latest jw friends

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I'm an animist, animatist, agnostic pagan My husband is an agnostic with pagan leanings

I was just on the phone with my sister Laurie and was telling her that I was considering this and she said that she believes that may be what my niece is into. She said she has been using crystals and things. Could it be she is?

It's possible, but crystals are admired and used by a wide variety of people, not just Pagans.

I'm of the belief that, if crystals, psychic abilities, etc work for some people, they will actually work for all (either they have these true natural qualities or not), so it's not unusual to hear what my grandfather would have taken for granted (things such as water witching), work for people of many different faiths. Some Christians chose to believe they are gifts of God, Pagans believe they are 'magickal', I just think - if it works, it works!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Count me in with the Wiccans!!

I believe that the spiritual is in us all but how we find that is an individual's choice. If we get to the root of belief, is it not to live a good life and give back to others? "And it harm none, so mote it be" Think about that. "And it harm none"...you have to REALLY think about what you're going to do because your actions could hurt someone/thing. Best just to take care of yourself and those close to you and forget about the rest.

oh for the love of Athena, I'm babbling again.

I'm here if you have questions or just want to talk about pagan/wicca beliefs.

Lisa of the Irish descent

• Sirona
    Sirona

Ravyn,

I think that witchvox article went a little OTT on the anti-science stuff. Science is so important and some studies lend support to our beliefs re: energy, etc. Good points though about Wicca myths.

WIldhorses: Things like altar setups are usually found on pagan or wicca websites and there is no one way of doing it either. I suppose what you need to do is read up about the different pagan paths. You may not think Wicca is for you, you may wish to follow a more shamanistic path, or druidism. You may want to practise your religion alone, or as part of a group. It would be easier for you to find a Wicca group, I think, especially in the US.

What do you believe as far as God? For me, the practise of Witchcraft and my religion and beliefs are interlinked very closely. There are others who practise witchcraft without actually worshipping God/dess. There are yet others who have similar beliefs but who do not practise any Witchcraft. IMO, if you are setting up an altar, you need to have a clear idea of who are you honouring with that altar.

There are online classes, but I'd be wary of who is teaching you. Some individuals online offer "mentoring" and will help you in your pagan path. I've personally found online courses good for information but not good for actual practise.

At the end of the day, with all the advice in the world it is still your path, noone else's. Its good to talk things out with other pagans though (that is why I like pagan forums). Try Delphiforums.com they have quite a few good pagan forums. Just go to "religion and beliefs".

Let me know what you intent is with regard to an altar, and I could give you some ideas. :)

Sirona

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thanks Sirona,

I think I will wait a bit before I decide on an alter. As I've heard, not all who practice Paganism set one up, so I think I will just keep reading different forums before I decide.

I've joind a couple of forums so far. On one, someone asked if they knew me. Are any of you members of any yahoo groups?

I'll keep asking questions the more I get into this. Thanks for all the offers of help. Feel free to email me if you have anymore good links to share.

[email protected]

Thanks again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit