Minimus, what's your history? How trapped are you?

by Its so simple 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Min, my wife is 'was duped' and I joke with her about how we are on the same chapter instead of the same page. She has some anger issues to say the least. She has said there is some story with your wife? Whats up there? If there is a better way for me to converse with you rather than the open board, let me know.

• minimus
    minimus

On the MINIMUS thread last week by notperfectyet, Big Tex gave a very good account of my history, thinking and future plans. I also added some info about my being raised "in the truth" and realizing that it really is a crock. Regarding my wife, she finished reading "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz a couple of months ago. She vacillates at times because by nature, she is a person that needs friends and family. Some days, she is in total agreement that there's no real love, there's too many stupid unchristian rules, etc. while other times, she tries to see some good in things. I realize that if I always talk negatively, when given the opportunity, it can be counter productive. I feel she's coming along nicely, in view of what she needs to deal with. I am a patient person in many ways. I want my family to be happy in this "old system of things". How "trapped" am I? That's a good question. Let me put it this way. If push came to shove, I would be DF'd if necessary. Would I want this? No. And why would I? I am a 3rd generation JW. I have other family members that are very much "in". If i can 'fade" my own way, then I will fade. If I'm boxed in a corner, I will respond accordingly. I hope this might enlighten you as you make your journey out.

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

The funny thing is, I feel like I'm already out. Others just don't know it yet. I still understand the importance of bible study and living my life according to the bible. THIS alone is truly the best way of life. It eliminates so many problems that come from ignoring the wisdom of the bible.

I'm very happy to hear about your wife. I always think of how fortunate I am to have my wife with me ( or at least on the same chapter ) it would be horrible to live in a house and have to live a lie to someone you love. It was 'was_duped's understanding that she didn't have much of an idea of how you felt. I have learned how to view the comments of others unemotionally. If you realize that the Borg uses mind control, then what will you expect people to say? Even people you respect? Their thoughts and words are not their own when it comes to evaluating the 'spiritual descisions' of others. Therefore they can be easily discarded as not their own. This limits the emotional impact as well. I take the approach of laughing all the way to the bank when I hear what others are thinking of me. Currently I'm being 'caught up in materialism.' Maybe I'll get into kinky sex practices next, I'll have to speak with one of the local congregation sex offender elders for advice on that one ;-)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I still understand the importance of bible study and living my life according to the bible. THIS alone is truly the best way of life.

Wrong.

It eliminates so many problems that come from ignoring the wisdom of the bible.

What wisdom? lol. You newbies are cute.

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Your right, respect for your wife, children, others, tolerance. Be a hard working industrious person, it's all just the ramblings of someone bent on destroying the peace in your life.

What do you expect from a newbi, I'm SOOO decieved! NOT

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

You "angry's" confuse the wisdom of the bible with the spewings of the WTBS.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Actually, I confuse nothing, and I'm not angry. It's really not difficult to seperate the Bible from the WT.

But you, my elder friend, have alot to learn about the Bible. My suggestion, try putting your elderish, bombastic personality to rest for a year or two, and try actually being a student for once in your life. You'll be amazed at the positive personality changes that come over you. After all, you don't really want the heavier judgement that comes from being a teacher anymore, do you? Especially so, since you'd be teaching that which you have no clue as to the source.

respect for your wife, children, others, tolerance. Be a hard working industrious person,
    Oh please. That's what we all wished was the messege of the bible, but that most certainly is not the messege of the bible. Still, if you want to believe it is, I suppose you are less of a danger to others than someone who keys in on the more dastardly themes in the bible.
  • Its so simple
    Its so simple

I beleive I used the term "wisdom of the bible" not teachings. You can glean wisdom from the teachings of fools. So I guess that means that you can even learn something from me.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Likely I can learn a thing or two from you, my friend, but considering the path of our two witness careers, I'd say at this point, it's likely you can learn more from me.

• Francois
    Francois

There is wisdom in virtually all so-called "holy scriptures," including the Christian bible. However don't over look The Tao Te Ching, The Bagavhad Gita, The Unpanishads, the writings of Thomas Merton and other spiritual genuises.

Wisdom does not alone spring from the Christian scriptures. There are many flowers in the garden of the Father and each has it contribution of beauty and wisdom to make to the human mind. The manner in which these writings are introduced in the WTBTS literature is virtually an act of deliberate criminal misinformation.

Since you've already read CofC, try Eric Hoffer's "The True Believer," and Houston Smith's "The Religions of Man." I think scales will fall from your eyes and the wisdom which you so obviously highly regard will be easier of accomplishment than it is now. Stay with your investigation and, if you are sincere and not seeking wisdom for your own glory, the Spirit will indeed lead you into all truth.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit