blondie

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie-----ROTFLMAO

• herk
    herk

Minimus,

When I was a JW, I had no head to think with for most of those years. I read barely anything but what the WT funnelled into my brain, and it was like them running me with a steering wheel.

Blondie,

Thanks again.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If you feel depressed and discouraged, simply DO MORE and you'll have less guilt. If you see that thousands of your brothers are leaving the organization for some reason, ignore that and go to all 5 meetings. If you do what the organization tells you to do, you WILL live on a paradise earth

"Arbeit Macht Frei" (Work makes you free) -- sign on the guard tower leading into the Auswitchz concentration camp

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm, It's like we're in a concentration camp, too. I think it's safe to say that most of those sent there didn't fare so well.

• little witch
    little witch

GO Minimus!

That's the tower in a ''NUT'' shell!

Thanks for saying it, say it again, it bears repeating.

I think we need more plain common sense posts here, as (hopefully) our goal is to comfort and be welcoming to those in need.

• minimus
    minimus

My wife and I had dinner with a JW and my friend, her "unbelieving' husband . She had gone to the Friday session of the convention and gushed that the way that a talk on over drinking was given, it seemed to her that the Society was saying that the person who drinks is the one that is responsible to not over indulge, not the elders. She took it to mean that they would be less involved in these types of things. When I mentioned that it's obvious that it is the drinker's responsibility and not anyone else as to how much a person should imbibe, she agreed. And I reminded her that if a person thought that they were not overdrinking but the elders felt otherwise, the drinker would still get counseled. Then she talked about the new Youth book and how the talk tried to really appeal to the young people. I responded that this was good, since the other approach has never worked and perhaps that's why so many youths leave. ........It amazes me to see these people WANT to believe what they want to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit