Does This Case Show The Value of the 2 Witness Rule ?

by BluesBrother 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I read this in the public area of JWTalk, about a Canadian case concerning Reena Virk, over 20 years ago.

."…………

“Manjit, her father, got arrested by the police due to Reena's accusation of sexual abuse. He lost his job, many of his friends and almost his family. The family at first sided with Reena! Can you imagine! She was urged to make the accusation by her new 'friends' for the money. Just before her death she confessed to the police she was influenced to make the accusation as she received a parcel of money from the government for her new foster situation, which the gang used to party with. When the money was gone so were the friends. The night she was killed, Manjit told me, she had remorse over everything and had already told of her confession to the police. She then intended to tell the gang the confession to the police and left to meet them. She never came back. Absolutely horrible!

Poor Manjit spent years to get his reputation back from all the government departments that still labelled him as a sexual offender.

His poor wife Suman died in an unfortunate choking incident in a coffee shop waiting for her bible study. So many misfortunes has happened to his family but he survived. He has now remarried to a lovely Indian sister.”

Also another one said

I remember hearing this story in the late 1990s from a substitute Circuit Overseer who was serving our congregation. He was responding to the criticism we sometimes get for our so-called "two-witness rule." People say we're wrong for applying a 2,000-year-old rule to modern day child sexual abuse, and that it should not hold us back from punishing wrongdoers. However, it was for cases like this that Jehovah gave that law to his people Israel, to eliminate acting on false accusations. Reena's false accusation sent her father into a long, desperate attempt to clear his name, unnecessarily. If she had not withdrawn her accusation before she died, he would likely still be trying to clear himself even today. What a wicked world for not accepting Jehovah's clear directive!“

"………….

I learn that this case is well known over there because of her tragic murder by so-called friends , but it is the sexual abuse accusation that I want to talk about. Does it really show the value of the two witness rule?

I think not . Under professional interrogation it is most likely that the truth would have come out and this one case does not discount all the other times that perpetrators have got away with it in the congregations because the elders could not take action.

• Biahi
    Biahi

It’s always better to err on the side of caution. If investigators could properly investigate, it would have worked out better for everyone.

• peacefulpete
  • enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

It has he was arrested, but not that he served time...so the courts didn't find him guilty??

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It's likely that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute, since the accusation was false. On the other hand, the story adds that he struggled with government agencies that had him listed as a sex offender. This can only happen when there is a conviction. So the story seems a bit sketchy, to say the least.

Trying to use it as a way to support the two-witness rule is ghastly. It's okay for thousands of children to suffer and their tormentors to get away with it, just so we can protect society from the rare child who makes a false accusation that is taken seriously? How many times does that actually happen? Almost none, would be my guess.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks all……that link provided by Peaceful Pete was a very interesting article by an experienced Psychiatrist. This case would seem to tick all the boxes and probably explains why he did not serve time.

Unfortunately cases like this only strengthens the belief of the sheeplike ones that most of these cases are “ apostate lies”

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

My guess is that most pedophiles are not expert liars who could rebut professional law enforcement, medical, and psychiatric interviews & evidence. Likewise, a child complaining of sex abuse is even less likely of lying to such people convincingly.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Is it a "secular" story, or a WT "experience"?

If the latter it is likely massaged beyond recollection to fit a WT narrative, and nearly if not a total fabrication.

Young children are not very likely to make up stories about CSA, and not many abusers are going to abuse in the open.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"If the latter it is likely massaged beyond recollection to fit a WT narrative, and nearly if not a total fabrication.

Young children are not very likely to make up stories about CSA, and not many abusers are going to abuse in the open."

Thus the stubborn adherence to the ''two witness rule''. Likely corrupt all the way up to the very top. There is no way they can scrap the ''two witness rule'' without a revolution or the Borg collapsing in on itself. That's why they can't get rid of it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

WT fabrications of events like these,,,you find that sources or names are not provided,,,just that,,fabrications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit