An E-Mail from a Christian friend

by gumby 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((((((Ozzie))))))))))))))

So it is today with people seeking to exclude others from the kingdom on the basis of their own understanding of perceived rules.

I just don't get it. Christ NEVER excluded anyone that I can remember. He never said someone wasn't good enough for him. (Except for those leaders who made judgements calls of who "is" or "isn't" good enough for the temple. I'm sorry. I guess that whole guilt/exclusion thing really gets to me. Still the pain after 13 years.

Andi

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Makes me sick.

Linda

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

If you believe it, Christ's death was,is,sufficient,as much as is needed.So,why does anyone have to try and do anything else,as if Jesus needed us to add to the sacrifice?The doctrine of Hell is incompatible with GOD'S lOVE !

Fear of Hell is not the basis for entrance into Jesus's home.I'm tired of all this fear tactics.

• gumby
    gumby

Ozzie,

We know that being christian doesn't have anything to do with an organisation, or with "joining" anything. Clearly the person who penned the email doesn't appreciate that.

The person that penned that thinks as do many Christians but not all Christians.

The problem is..........WHY do so many think that way? The bible clearly says christ sacrafice for mankind was a GIFT for those who would recieve him, and they too would be eternally WITH him.

The problem is so many do not really believe this. I think the reason is the same as it was for me when I was a believer. Most of the bible ( in the NT ) speaks of freedom from sin in christ........yet other passages in the NT, warn of not sinning for fear of LOSING your reward that awaits. I think this part of the bible is the part they seem to remember best.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit