Venting: Nah, this isn't a CULT. we will just get dressed up and meet on video

by goingthruthemotions 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

It's so pathetic, Oh how they believe there so special. my wife said " this shows alot when the BORG stops assemblies" I said it show alot when alot of venues, governments and other religions shut down stuff. what do i hear......crickets back.

i am not sure what they are telling her during the meeting, but i am assuming it is all fear based.

I HATE THIS CULT

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

ME TOO.

• LV101
    LV101

ME TOO - I hear ya Gomo - It must be one of the 2 most hated cults on planet earth - maybe winning first place with so many ex members on the outside.

• caves
    caves

Never in my wildest imaginings did I ever think when I was in that the meetings would be online or over video. When I saw tablets being used for the studies I was on the way out with my head tilted to the side like a dog trying to figure out what in the hell they were doing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is one thing to have boasting sessions online (where I can simply close my browser tab without anyone noticing if I don't like the program, and then go to some other web site). It is completely stupid, though, to dress up as if you were at the real Coronavirus Hall. That is a waste of time, you get your suits dirty for nothing, and who is impressed? Even "school clothing" is a little excessive--whatever clothing you might wear at a simple meal is good enough to waste the electricity watching these videos.

And for what? Who is going to keep tabs on them for obeying? They could have sun-worship lights going (and a few people are actually doing just that, just to break up the boredom of quarantine). They could be listening to real music, including Led Zeppelin. They could be saluting the flag. And who would know? If the hounders come in, they risk catching or spreading coronavirus. And what about the ones that stream for maybe 2 minutes, skipping the prayers and the soul-destroying excuse of "music" they play before and after, and then close the browser out? Who will take field circus reports if no one actually writes letters or places phone calls?

I predict it won't be long before they resort to underhanded means of assembling, just so they can enforce things. They want donations, they want enforced obedience. They want people wasting their time spreading the message (and coronavirus along with it) instead of watching regular YouTube videos (including apostate videos). It is easier to monitor if they have physical groups for field circus instead of having someone writing letters and spams for 2 minutes before quitting. It is precisely this subversive attitude that is why I hope the Coronavirus Halls are shut down forever.

People need to exchange goods, services, and fun. This is why it is justified to go out for these items. You gain something if you go grocery shopping, to an amusement venue or gym, or anything else that provides goods, services, and/or fun. But these things are none of the above--and I think the jokehovians are going right back to Coronavirus Halls for physical boasting sessions and field circus when they realize they cannot enforce anything with online boasting sessions.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I reluctantly "attended" the meeting yesterday morning with my pimi wife as it was streamed into our living room on our 65 inch Samsung TV. We didn't get dressed up and were actually in our pajamas. She drank her coffee and munched on a cinnamon bun while I sipped on a Bloody Mary. Who'd of think it?

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    caves - "Never in my wildest imaginings did I ever think when I was in that the meetings would be online or over video. When I saw tablets being used for the studies I was on the way out with my head tilted to the side like a dog trying to figure out what in the hell they were doing."

Karaoke Kingdom Songs is the thing that makes me shake my head the most.

I actually saw that first in a "Christendom" church funeral, and thought it was weird then... if you'd asked me if we'd ever see that at a JW meeting, I'd have laughed out loud.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yeah they still want you to dress up for these zoom meetings and they want to still keep attendance by wanting to know if you have been watching the streamed meetings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit