My Job Interviews Today

by Yizuman 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well, I arrived at McDonalds and took the interview today at 4:30 PM EST and the manager can only offer me 15 hrs a week for $6.00 an hr. Which I think the pay is lower than what I am making from my unemployment benefits which is 141.00 a week after taxes.

I'm gonna contact the unemployment office and ask if I can still continue to receive my benefits despite of the 15 hrs a week being offered.

Then I went to MCL Cafeteria for the interview and I explained to the manager at the begining that I am hearing-impaired which seemed to made him irk at me. After having the interview, he said he would have someone else interview me as a follow up. So, I dunno if he's gonna do that, only time will tell.

I was pretty excited and understandably nervous during the interviews. I hope I can get a better offer at MCL and that he would in fact do a follow up.

Anyway, I am going to keep looking tomorrow, job hunting as usual.

This was my first 2 interviews since I came to the homeless shelter Feb 29th.

Wish me luck all.

Yizuman

• Matty
    Matty

Good luck Yiz, I know you'll land on your feet soon, you can't keep a good man down!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Yizuman - Congratulations on making it through the interviews. They can be very stressful. Something will turn up soon. You just keep on putting yourself out there.

You're going to be just fine.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

congratulations Yiz! now remember--just coz you get something does not mean you have to stop looking for something better- and if you get more on Unemployment do not feel you have to take the job and cut off your nose to spite your face! I know. My husband was on Unemployment for 6 months and even after he got this job--it is not what they promised and he is looking for something else. Don't get discouraged--right now alot of good men are in your position--it isn't you, it's the economy.

good luck and lots of good vibes directed your way!

Ravyn

• Brummie
    Brummie

All the best Yizman, its a stressful time and I hope something better comes along for you

Brummie

• GirlOnFence
    GirlOnFence

Congrats on the interviews! I understand how you feel, I get SO nervous on interviews, I've wanted to just walk out and leave, at times. Don't give up, keep looking and don't settle for a job you know you'll end up hating.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yiz: Congratulations

McDonalds usually hires people that are handicapped. Downs etc. So I can't imagine them being irked that you have hearing problems. I thought you were deaf not just hearing impaired?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yizuman that is great! I know what you mean about being nervous, I've gone on a few interviews lately and they make me very nervous. Just the fact that you've been called for interviews is a good sign, here jobs are so scarce no one is being called for interviews.

Good luck to you Yiz!

Katie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    McDonalds usually hires people that are handicapped. Downs etc. So I can't imagine them being irked that you have hearing problems. I thought you were deaf not just hearing impaired?

Hearing-Impaired is a PC term. I stated that to the manager because it's widely used in the hearing world.

Also it wasn't the McDonald manager that was irked, it was the MCL Cafeteria manager.

The deaf world uses the wording, Deaf or Hard of Hearing (HoH).

Check out www.deaflore.com you can see what wordings we often say in our deaf conversation.

Yizuman

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks all for the encouragement!

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit