Thoughts of Suicide?

by Simon 16 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

We are not a support forum for people with serious depression or thoughts of suicide. If you or someone you know are struggling with such issues there are professional support services in most countries with people who are experienced and qualified to help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That`s a good reminder Simon ,when someone does come on this forum with such thoughts we should refrain from giving them our personal opinions and/or advice and just simply refer them to a professional helpline

Point taken

• steve2
    steve2

Sound and safe direction.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I think that on the internet people are sometimes trying to occupy ideologically loaded hot spots and if a place is exclusive and not your fit it will make you feel worse.

when people leave a potent ideology they can be in an extremely vulnerable state so it is important to be inclusive.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Simon, smiddy, steve, Ruby:

In my own case, good thoughts and intentions from loved ones would not pass muster. I needed a professional. She, in large part, is the reason I am here today.

Professionals have tools we unskilled folk don't own.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I agree coco.

i do feel for those who are forced to leave an all embracing totalitarian place. Often such ones want to believe in their own strength and resilience but do not have the tools to tap into those resources. They might even think that going to see a professional is a sign of weakness. But it really really isn,t. It is just that their own resources may have become so tightly locked away that they cannot access them with a level of detachment that a professional can supply.

• compound complex
    compound complex

[ . . .] their own resources may have become so tightly locked away that they cannot access them with a level of detachment that a professional can supply. -- Ruby456

Excellent points, Ruby, particularly regarding the lay person's lack of detachment.

Thank you!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Thx coco.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Amen to that Simon. Still Totally ADD

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I appreciate your reminder Simon. My little brother killed himself 2 years ago. I wish he would have gotten help.

If I didn't tell you then, I truly appreciated the PM you sent me at the time. It meant and still means more than you know.

Snakes (Rich)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit