Trust

by joelbear 15 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    People do not seem to value the trust that other people put in them

Thats going up on my wall

• proplog2
    proplog2

Who says trust is a good thing? What rule in the universe says "You OUGHT to be able to trust people" I don't "trust" myself 100%. Trust is a fancy word for predictability. Boring. People who are real predictable make great accountants.

Predictability equates with death. I have some pictures of one of my favortie parks when I was a kid. I took those pictures back to the park and was surprised by the fact that some of the same small rocks are there. Rocks are predictable. You can trust them.

Are people bad just because they are unpredictable? Aren't other people entitled to the opportunity with becoming bored with our asses? Can't they leave us for other preferences?

I'm not saying independence is better than dependence. Some people are so independent they become dessicated. They aren't happy either. Fortunately for mankind there are enough relationship slobs to hold it all together.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Trust is a fancy word for predictability.

trust1. assured reliance of the character, strength, or truth of someone or something 2. a basis of reliance, faith or hope 3. cofident hope

trust 2. to place confidence; depend 2. to be confident: hope 3. entrust 4.to permit to stay or go or to do something without fear or misgiving

Hmm in no way is trust a fancy word for perdictability. Honest adn strenghth of character is not predictablilty. That is a shame that you equate trust with that. What is wrong in KNOWING that someone will not betray you?

I KNOW that Thunder will not betray my trust, he is predictable LOL hell no but he has strength of character. he is moral and he is respectful those are all different than being predicatable. I think you really need to understand the difference between the two words.

Predicatble: means to declare in advance so even this doesn't mean boring.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sheila:

I TRUST you can find ways of using the word "trust" interchangeably with the word "predict".

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

No not really, two differnt words in my book.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sheila:

Your response is intellectually dishonest.

No not really, two differnt words in my book.
    What IS your "book"? I can't take people like you seriously. There is some degree of convention required for communication. If you don't understand what I said you have a communication impairment. Fortunately there is a cure - quit being obstinate. Any grammar student could come up with a dozen sentences that show how trust is related to predictability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit