Remembrance Day

by label licker 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

Thinking back on how we were not suppose to get involved in honoring the dead yet the entire bible is based on dead people, what they have done whether good or bad and lessons we could learn from them and honoring them. I remember being told that we are not suppose to go boasting before men on what we do, not letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing yet all those people in the bible had their entire lives written down before us to be remembered. Even the widow with the two coins. (Please don't tell me it was lessons for us to learn from for everything in life is a learning lesson) Just curious as to what your thoughts are on this matter. We were never suppose to take part in Remembrance Day. It reminds me of how we were not suppose to get involved in politics either yet there they are writing letters to Russia.

• cofty
    cofty

We will be going to the local war memorial in the morning to observe the two minutes silence.

• zeb
    zeb

In the Great War Australia lost 60,000 KIA and 156,000 wounded, gassed or taken POW.

American soldiers first saw action in France aided by Australian** soldiers and formed a bond that exists today between American and Australian service personnel..

**historically recorded in many places as 'British'.

LL... a profound observation.

• zeb
    zeb

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit