Bad Press Is The Reason For Watchtower Corporation Move Into The Boonies For Seclusion

by Brokeback Watchtower 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

With all the pedophile lawsuits can you blame them?

I think the Silent Lambs march as well as dire financial straits is making them trying to get out of public eye with restricted access to headquarters, were as in Brooklyn NY it was not possible.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No it was other entailing circumstances such all the gross operating costs such as utilities, food, shipping and transportation, printing etc. particularly in that part of New York.

The acknowledgement of the rising value of the proprieties held by the WTS. the age of the buildings where most of the printing was done, the maintenance costs of those buildings.

In other words they cashed out. $$$

And I'm sure they are very happy they did.

The WTS's doctrines may have been a commercialized fraud but the money those doctrines created were certainly real. $$$

• wozza
    wozza

Probably a few reasons but I think after 9/11 they got shit scared and realised how vulnerable they could be ,so slip out to more obscurity. Maybe some of the GB at that time realised they did'nt want such a public prescence in the aftermath ,and also realised their god was'nt going to stop unforseen circumstances hitting them one day - a lack of faith crept in and realising they are just like anyone else with their arses pointing to the ground.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Given that they had considerable space at WT Farm, Patterson, Walkill why buy more land to develop at War-wick as they would pronounce it. Is the plan to then sell of other sites and consolidate, or is there even a plan?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

or is there even a plan

plan A having failed ( no big A )

this is plan B

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Lostandfound - "...Given that they had considerable space at WT Farm, Patterson, Walkill why buy more land to develop at Warwick...?"

Warwick has a remote-controlled lake. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BTW, I think Brokeback, Fink, and wozza are all correct.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

With all the pedophile lawsuits can you blame them?

I think the Silent Lambs march as well as dire financial straits is making them trying to get out of public eye with restricted access to headquarters, were as in Brooklyn NY it was not possible.

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of people make the assumption that the decisions are made in a rational manner. They are strategic, but I questions their rationality.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Lawsuits can find them even in upstate NY. They have large public conventions all over the world. Moving was about the money from living in the city, maintenance of the complex of buildings and logistical reasons. New Yorkers were never going to rise up and cause grief for the WT by marching on it to any degree or in any way that would inconvenience the WT for more than a minute. Financially, they made a good move by the relocation, that is inarguable. All the implications surrounding it (the downsizing/layoff/what they are DOING with the money, etc) is another subject altogether. It also keeps WT fans out of the big bad city and gives them a small community that they will presumably do their best to make WT friendly for all the visiting JWs who come to spend their money during their visit. NY will never be WT friendly, but Tuxedo NY might find some businesses (informally) blacklisted if they talk any smack about the WT. You can't threaten all of Brooklyn with that, much less Manhatten.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I agree their isn't just one factor as to why the GB are high tailing it to the boonies to live out their dying days on a cleaned up contaminated chemical dump site of a International Nickel(toxic) Company.

http://www.townofwarwick.org/departments/seqr_docs/watchtower_final_findings_statement_080112.pdf

Perhaps the money issue is primary like Finkle says, and second is lack of privacy maybe third is they feel embarrassed in front of so many people because of all the bad press they are getting all around the world and so the GB would feel much more comfortable in the woods in a gated and guarded compound with no reporters or other unwanted guests allowed near them. It is definitely motivated on many levels by a desire to try and escape reality and live in a supernatural dream world where they have the keys to the kingdom and they decide who gains entry. Just shall we say "a fore taste" if you will of their ruling with JC in the heaven, them being out in the boonies being waited on hand and foot by members of the lower class 'great crowd' subject to their drive for more power over them with the matra 'Listen Obey and Be Blessed'.

The ideal retirement home for these crabby, crotchety, flappy mouth old geezers running this scam.

The more I look at it the more Jim Jones move to the jungle share similarities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit