Are dubs allowed to invest?

by SpiceItUp 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard

Yes, they've done an article: (eg: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...)

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/10/8a/article_01.htm

"How a person chooses to invest his money is a personal decision. "

So the Watchtower's GB invests in engines for the Navy's SWARM spy planes.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, those older articles show how it was not considered proper for JWs to invest. It has been in recent times that the WTS has "allowed" JWs to invest because the WTS itself is one big investment machine trying to get JWs to send their money to them to invest for them.

Blondie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I know lots of JW's who invest. I never knew there was any question. Golly, they have to have an article about EVERY LITTLE THING.

Next questions from readers should be (just to make sure they cover everything)

Is it proper for a Christian to use toilet paper?

• blondie
    blondie

I was told by a New Boy Bethelite that they were instructed to only use 2 sheets.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    It's always been a "conscience" thing.

The Watchtower admits trading stocks is easy:

"Today orders to buy or sell stock can be placed over the telephone, through the Internet, or in person. The broker then needs to execute the order on behalf of the investor. If the stock is traded on a traditional trading floor, the brokerage office directs one of its floor brokers to buy or sell stock for the investor. In recent years some exchanges have adopted a completely electronic trading system, where trades can be made seconds after the order is placed with a broker."

Yet as of May 2003, the Watchtower still retains ownership of the Sister Companies' shares. Why? It is not about "your conscience," it is about THEIR MONEY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit